|Date Posted:||Apr 16, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Apr 22, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries—delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
The Private Sector Development (PSD) Case Officer will have primary responsibility in each region for building a network of private sector stakeholders, focusing on private businesses, for referring businesses for participation in WIE activities and overseeing their participation.
S/he will be the key link between the PSD team in Kabul and the beneficiaries of WIE programming in each region. In conjunction with the Kabul team, s/he will implement PSD activities, make recommendations for new programming and provide feedback on existing. Examples of activities are:
A program to evaluate businesses and make referrals to professional service providers(bookkeepers, accountants, web designers, consultants, etc.) to address particular issues in the business
Organizing a roundtable discussion between bankers and local businesses for the bankers to explain what is required for a loan and the businesses to tell the bankers about the sort of financial products they need for their businesses.
Requires travel to provinces:
Items 2, 3, 7 and 8 below are absolutely required for the job. All applicants MUST be able to demonstrate they meet those requirements at a minimum.
1. Strong team player, who brings innovative thinking, initiative, and a results and customer service oriented approach to the work.
2. Four years’ with bachelor’s degree or over all 7 years relevant experience working with MSME development programming and/or in the private sector.
3. Strong network of private sector contacts in the region, including active business organizations, financial institutions, professional service providers and business owners.
4. Demonstrated familiarity with constraints faced by women-owned and/or majority women enterprises in Afghanistan, donor-funded programs and existing resources to assist those businesses.
5. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or related field preferred. Experience may be substituted for degree.
6. Able to travel as needed.
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Fluency in English and strong computer (Microsoft) skills required.
The position reports to the Senior Regional Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
Builds and maintains a network of PSD stakeholders in the region, primarily focusing on private businesses and professional service providers (bookkeepers, accountants, web designers, consultants, etc.)
Has primary responsibility in the region for implementation of activities to support micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) development. Provides feedback to Kabul staff and makes recommendations for required changes or suggestions for new activities.
Investigates the capacities of BDS and other professional service providers in region; where appropriate matches providers with target businesses
Identifies growth sectors for MSMEs in WIE target market
Other duties as assigned
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or related field preferred. Experience may be substituted for degree