|Date Posted:||Apr 16, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Apr 21, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare is a non governmental organization(NGO)and is non-‐ political, not-‐for-‐profit,and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion,ethnicity,or political belief.It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is registered with the Ministry of Economy in Kabul, Afghanistan(Registration No:1014) and is a member of SouthWest Afghanistan and Baluchistan Agency for Coordination(SWABAC), the coordinating body for NGOs in southern Afghanistan. The Managing Director of OHW also formally represents SWABAC in coordination meetings at the national level.
Under the overall guidance of supervision of the Direct Supervisor, the HR Officer ensures effective delivery of HR services He/she interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, implements internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Officer promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Officer works in close collaboration with the Programs, Operations and project teams in the Organization of Human Welfare – OHW to ensuring successful performance in HR management of the organization.
Summary of key functions:
1. Implementation of HR strategies and policies
2. Staff Performance management career development
3. Effective HR management
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provinces to travel:
1. Building Strategic Partnerships
2. Maintaining a network of contacts
3. Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues.
4. Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing.
5. Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
6. Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
7. Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing.
8. Fundamental knowledge of own discipline.
9. Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
10. Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
11. Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning.
12. Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management.
13. Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
14. Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
15. Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
16. Self-development, initiative-taking.
17. Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
18. Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
19. Creating synergies through self-control.
20. Informed and transparent decision making.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provides support to the implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the results.
2. Full compliance of HR activities with Organization of Human Welfare - OHW rules and regulations, OHW policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of the HR management system within the Organization of Human Welfare - OHW.
3. Development of HR processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management with the organization.
4. Analysis and elaboration of human resource documents on the strategic approach to recruitment in the OHW, proper use of contractual modalities, the forecast of the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management.
5. Management of recruitment processes including job descriptions, vacancy announcement, and screening of candidates, organization and participation in the interview panels.
6. Management of contracts. Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations.
7. Development and management of certain rosters.
8. Provides support to proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the results.
9. Analysis of requirements and elaboration of the protocol for performance appraisal process, facilitation of the process.
10. Elaboration on and implementation of strategic staffing policies in line with career development.
11. Organization and coordination of comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys in coordination with the senior management team of OHW.
12. Participation in the organization and conduct of training for operations/ programme staff on HR issues.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
With bachelor’s degree, 2 years of experience is required at the national or international organizations in providing HR services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English language, Dari and/or Pashto