|Date Posted:||Apr 17, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Apr 23, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan:
IWA is an independent research and advocacy National organization.
The Provincial Coordinator will assist in the overall implementation of the Community Based Monitoring. He will be directly responsible for the implementation of the programs in Laghman province.
Provinces to travel:
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet analysis, E-mail and other information technology
Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties
- Achieve the expected results and objectives as outlined in the Program Strategy Proposals submitted to different donors.
- Ensure in a professional, efficient and effective manner the execution of the tasks outlined in these ToRs.
- Provide guidance and support to collaborators to achieve the expected results.
- Respect and defend the values and principles of IWA.
- Elaborate/approve the work plans of all staff in the Province.
- Upon prior approval of the planning, take operational decisions in line with the Programs Strategy and Programs annual plan, the approved budget and existing management guidelines as well as Program Procedure Manual.
- Firm understanding of Integrity and transparency as well as rural development.
- Able to organize and train local community members.
- Manage large flow of information and make it available to wider program team.
- Propose strategic changes for the CBM program if deemed necessary, and advice on the overall program development of IWA
- Organize the Laghman office autonomously in line with the management guidelines.
Coordination and Networking
- Coordinate all CBM provincial activities with all program stakeholders at the provincial level.
- Network with concerned government authorities, CDC and NGOs at provincial levels.
- Mobilize the newly selected communities through arranging meeting and ensure that the community elect their member as Integrity Volunteers in democratic and consensus way.
- Support the work of elected community members (Integrity Volunteer), elected community members as Local Monitors.
- Develop and implement all training activities for the targeted projects, including on job training of IVs in integrity and transparency. Make sure that developed training materials are appropriate-especially for community members with low literacy.
- If there are ongoing reconstruction activities in the province, facilitate monitoring the progress by community members have regular meetings with the members of target communities, including shuras/ Community Development Councils and report to the community on regular basis.
- PC’s main role is to manage with provincial staff the provincial plans implementation, reporting and coordination.
- PC is supervised by DHOP.
- Elaborate in close cooperation with the PM plan of operation, PO on the light of overall annual program plan.
- Elaborate monthly, and weekly plan
- Implement program activities at the provincial level according to the plan and advise staff and stakeholders, monitor and evaluate all CBM activities.
- Negotiate with CDCs, Shuras, other community members and Government officials to achieve a maximum possible transfer of know-how and transparency & integrity.
- Arrange monthly meeting with all IVs, and address their problems/concerns.
- Arrange monthly visit to make sure that the Integrity Volunteers and Integrity Leaders provide enough support to the communities and addressing the needs of IVs.
- Assist the provincial department of Economy in set up and coordinating Provincial Monitoring Board.
- Collects and compiles monitoring data from the field and forward it to the Data base Assistant.
- In collaboration with PM and M&E staff, make certain that all program activities are documented according to the log frame and M&E system
Finances and Administration
- Contribute to the elaboration of budgets and plan the expenditures accordingly.
- Oversee the procurement of goods locally.
- Organize the rent of vehicles according to the IWA procurement rules.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget forecast for approval to the PM
- Keep records and a professional filing system for program, general administration and finances;
- Ensure that confidentiality and right of privacy is maintained with regard to the collected data and ID of IVs and ILs.
- Supervise all staff to perform well in Province.
- Train and coach field staff.
- Ensure the respect of IWA staff policy and other guidelines.
- Control the attendance and performance of CBM program staff at the provincial level.
- Evaluate the work performance of Integrity volunteers with close cooperation of Integrity Leaders, evaluate the performance of Program Assistant.
Reporting and Knowledge Sharing
- Produce narrative reports on projects monitored in the field.
- Prepare monthly reports to the program manager and attend formal meetings with the Government Authorities.
- Prepare half-yearly and yearly project reports of CBM provincial activities.
- Assist the Program Manager in networking, coordination and liaison with government and other agencies; on provincial level.
- Provides prompt and accurate reply to the queries put by program management.
- Assist in capitalising experiences and sharing successes and important lessons learnt.
5. Complementary Tasks (upon prior request and time availability)
Replace other staff during their absence
Job Location:Afghanistan, Laghman
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Proficiency in English as well in Pashto/Dari
At least 3 years relevant professional experience, including experience in administrative systems and procedures
Previous experience in community monitoring, civil society organization is highly preferred