|Date Posted:||Apr 17, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Apr 24, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About American University of Afghanistan:
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer 4 undergraduate academic majors and a new MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy, and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young, dynamic university with a student population of nearly 950 students and we hope to reach 1,100 students by the spring 2013 academic semester. Construction has recently begun on a new 75 acre international campus.
The Management Instructor is responsible for teaching customized Business courses (Management, M&E, and Accounting etc) for the Professional Development Institute of the American University of Afghanistan.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Lessons are delivered according to the PDI schedule and are purposefully planned and managed in accordance with the course objectives, class needs and quality standards.
2. Teaching materials produced to adapt and supplement the course are appropriate to students’ needs and expectations.
3. Students are assessed according to Business Unit policy.
4. Homework is set and marked in a timely manner.
5. The Instructor undertakes to arrive in good time for classes (at least 15 minutes before class).
6. The Instructor is responsible for presenting a professional image in appearance and demeanor.
7. Class records (including attendance) are kept in hard and soft copy. Enough detail should be given to enable a substitute teacher to take over the class.
8. The Instructor undertakes to attend Business Unit meetings or training events
9. Any other relevant duty assigned by Business Unit Manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master degree in relevant field
FIA/ACCA certifications or part completion will be a plus point
At least have 2 years prior teaching experience required
If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF)
Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve results