|Date Posted:||May 29, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 29, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan:
CW4WAfghan is a volunteer not-for-profit organization founded in 1996 with thirteen chapters across Canada. CW4WAfghan is a non-religious, non-political, federally registered charity. The goals are to advance education and educational opportunities for Afghan women and their families; and to educate and increase the understanding of Canadians about human rights in Afghanistan. Donor funded projects are implemented and managed in partnership with Afghan non-profit organizations. These projects include a number of community schools, village libraries, an orphanage, as well as teacher training, literacy, English and computer classes. The projects are funded mainly from individual donations from Canadians and 100% of funds donated go to women-centered projects in Afghanistan.
Reports to: CW4WAfghan-Canada Senior Director and accountable to the Executive Director and Board.
Type: Full-time annual contract position with an initial 3-month probationary period
Location: CW4WAfghan Country Office, Kabul, Afghanistan
Eligible: Open to Afghan Female Nationals only
Date Posted: May 28, 2018
Applications Due by: Open until position filled
Start Date: Immediately
Travel Requirements: Travel by road to project sites by vehicle where accessible, and to other provinces by air travel where CW4WAfghan operates. Occasional travel to Canada and other international locations will be required.
CW4WAfghan is seeking an experienced female leader from the not-for-profit sector with proven ethical and trustworthy leadership abilities as Country Director. In this role, she will be responsible for overseeing all human resources, finance, operations and program management needs of the country office. This full-time position requires visionary leadership, and the ability to inspire and motivate staff and effectively convey genuine belief in and passion for the mission of the organization. The Country Director will be reporting to the Senior Director located in Canada and accountable to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Provinces to travel:
● Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for the universalism of human rights and gender equity and equality
● Experience in strategic planning and strategic leadership
● Demonstrated relationship-building, collaboration skills and experience supervising project teams.
● Effective presentation/public speaking and community engagement skills.
● Ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks under tight time constraints.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully with staff and teams.
● Excellent leadership abilities, organizational management and monitoring and evaluation experience, preferably in the education sector.
● Experience working with major development donors and proven fundraising and grant writing experience an asset.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Experience with budget planning and account management.
● Knowledge of the legal and reporting requirements of government departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Work with the executive team to ensure the strategic plans for the organization will achieve its mission;
● Maintain and develop the organizational structure to achieve planned results, including managing staff recruitment, training, supervision, performance evaluation, and professional development;
● Ensure compliance with and implementation of organizational policies and procedures;
● Develop and maintain constructive relationships with all CW4WAfghan stakeholders such as project partners, donors in Kabul, working groups, board members and others;
● Maintain a healthy working environment for staff that attracts, keeps and motivates members through exceptional relationship-building skills that inspire a strong sense of team spirit;
● Proactively resolve any conflicts that may arise with staff, partners and stakeholders;
● Support Country Office staff to maintain program files, to collect relevant data on projects, to represent the organization in a professional manner, and to meet deadlines;
● Oversee financial management and work with the Canada-based Director of Finances and the Treasurer of the Board of Directors to ensure accuracy and integrity of all accounting and budgeting, regular financial reporting;
● Supervise staff progress on work plans of all CW4WAfghan implemented projects and programs in Afghanistan according to established objectives, performance measurement plans and timelines;
● Contribute to regular monitoring of approved projects and programs, and participate in the analysis of performance data to generate recommendations for changes to programs and projects;
● Contribute to CW4WAfghan policy formulation and program development on a variety of issues;
● Contribute to formal reporting and provide periodic informal reports as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (earned an equivalent of executive level experience may be substituted for minimum education requirement)
● Minimum of five (5) years of executive level experience including personnel management
● High level of competency with computer software (MS Office) and online applications and services.
● Fluency in professional level English and Dari (speaking, listening, reading, writing)