|Date Posted:||Jun 3, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 29, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
TechNation engages in software application development, education, incubation, community technology, public relations, research and policy analysis. It is governed and managed by a team of experienced entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and practitioners who are busy developing their economies and enriching their societies. TechNation addresses the technology needs of citizens transforming Afghanistan into a technology-enabled nation.
The Executive Assistant supports the President with his day-to-day administrative needs and organizational duties. The resource conserves President's time and promotes the corporate image of TechNation by representing the president internally and externally; providing liaison between the president, key executives, and employees; publishing the corporate newsletter. The resource works with the program managers, staff, partners and clients in achieving the overall goals and mission of TechNation. The Executive Assistant plays an important role in keeping the office running smoothly.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Well-organized, and knowledge of executive level of office management;
- Self-motivated, passionate, and ambitious;
- Detailed oriented, and strong interest in reading, writing and editing work to become the President’s writing and reading buddy;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation, people and human relations skills, and good sense of humor;
- Self-confidence and ability to work with a diverse group of individuals, including partners and clients, and relate well with them, understanding them and the issues affecting them;
- Ability to work as a team member that fosters a team approach in meeting the mission of TechNation;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions;
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work;
- Experience with meeting practices and the recording of minutes;
- Ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of information;
- Must be poised, patient, courteous, and maintain a professional manner;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to achieve the needs of the company;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and preferably with Open/Libre Office and Cloud-based software applications;
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effective coordination and follow-through of the activities and commitments of the President by producing and managing an integrated master calendar of key events, dates, and deadlines that are critical to the conduct of the company’s business;
- Facilitate regularly scheduled meetings with fellow administrative professionals throughout the company in order to foster administrative support efficiencies and effectiveness;
- Plan, schedule and arrange corporate meetings and appointments by developing itineraries and agendas; booking transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations; overall arrangements and details of scheduling meeting rooms, preparing agendas, catering menus, room set-up, and equipment needs;
- Record the minutes of meetings; the executive sessions. Assists with the development and implementation of the team’s key performance indicator dashboard;
- Represent the president by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the president;
- Manage the flow of information, via phone, email, mail to president, management, staff, partners, public, and other organizations;
- Maintain President direct report personnel records and documents; including records or reports required by government agencies;
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations;
- Publish the corporate newsletter by gathering information; preparing and editing articles; designing graphic presentation; producing and distributing;
- Help key executives make consistent decisions by advising them of historical precedents; serving as liaison between them and the president;
- Assist the President in managing projects and conducting research; complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes;
- Enhance President's and TechNation’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; and ensuring quality customer services;
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office, organizing and maintaining files and records;
- Responsible for the overall organization and day-to-day needs of the office, including the coordination of office supplies, space, equipment, and furniture etc.;
- Work in a professional environment and perform other duties as necessary.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of one to three years of executive administrative experience is required
- Administrative support experience in technology, media, PR, HR or related field preferred.