|Date Posted:||Jun 4, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 17, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Credit Risk Analyst perform the fundamental analysis that supports SME credit decisions. The Credit Risk Analyst reviewing SME client data and due diligence materials, conducting various analyses to assess credit risk, preparing written summaries of findings and recommendations, presenting and defending analysis to Credit Committee, and ongoing monitoring of the credit quality of existing clients.
Provinces to travel:
- Good knowledge (or willingness to learn) of the financial analyses principles and indexes.
- Good knowledge (or willingness to learn) of the DAB and Basle Committee rules and regulations pertaining to prudential risk management.
- Good knowledge of the bank’s policies, and a critical approach to improve them.
- Good knowledge of SME lending / credit assessment.
- Good team managing and leading skill.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Good computer skills, especially Excel.
- Advanced English in both spoken and written.
- Excellent analytical thinking and attention to details.
- Can-do attitude, with problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Independent mindset, able to draw conclusions and communicate his/her concerns in a clear and concise manner to the management.
- Quick learner who can rapidly master all aspects of the job with limited supervision and training.
- Good organizer with self-planning and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and reporting / presentation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Credit Risk Analyses
1. Provides the vision and development of credit risk function, staff and supporting tools.
2. Ensures good governance and ongoing management of SME credit risk across the branches. Monitors the branches risk exposure. Ensures the identification and impact assessment of credit and other risks affecting the bank’s operations.
3. Provides independent verification of Medium and Corporate businesses application through visits to the business.
4. Assists CRM on managing the network of Branch Risk Officers, with assigning tasks and goals, and analyses their performance through periodic reporting. Supports the development of BROs.
5. Reviews critically the credit cases presented by SME for Credit and Delinquency Committees to ensure the bank’s credit policies are adhered to, and any exceptions are clearly justified.
6. Perform detailed quantitative and qualitative credit analyses of FMFB’A SME lending and traded products clients.
7. Complete internal credit rating models to measure the riskiness of a client and transaction.
8. Prepare comparisons of peer companies across an industry to ensure rating consistency and support rating conclusions.
9. Review transaction terms for compliance with Credit Standards and Risk Acceptance Criteria, assess appropriateness of any deviations from standards.
10. Confirm requested loan amounts are within established single name and portfolio limits.
11. Assist in authoring loan approval memos and presenting recommendations to CRM senior professionals for approval.
12. Review and analyse periodic client reporting with a focus on identifying potential deteriorating credit profiles.
13. Perform additional ad-hoc assignments upon request.
14. Ensures qualitative and quantitative data analysis of SME and any others as may be assigned. Draws conclusions and recommendations from the analysed data.
15. Provides input to root causes analyses of SME PAR by branch / region / product / borrowers class and any other parameters as may be required.
16. Draft quarterly and annual credit reviews and recommend changes to internal credit ratings where appropriate.
17. Monitor, manage, and report exposures at a client, product and portfolio level including assessing breaches of established risk limits and recommending remediating action.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The position requires a bachelor degree with over 2 years of relevant work experience e.g. in SME lending or SME credit risk assessment; preference will be given to candidates with experience in SME credit risk assessment. Risk management certificates shall be appreciated.