|Date Posted:||Jun 4, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 16, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Vacancy NO: 5
Duty Station: APPS Office Ministry of Interior
Relevant Department: General Directorate of Personnel
Reporting to: Direct supervisor and SME Program Office
The position serves as an expert operator of the Afghanistan Police Payroll System (APPS). The position provides technical and functional advice and implements the organizational directives of the APPS program office. The incumbent serves as an APPS point of contact and is responsible for the operation, maintenance and use of the system to process personnel actions and retrieve personal data required for reporting and analysis purposes.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a technical authority in the daily operation of APPS.
2. Provides advice and assistance to managers and other APPS operators on system operation.
3. Provides technical advice to ensure timely implementation of system enhancements and is responsible for all policies related to system operation and use.
4. Provides support and guidance to APPS users on requirements for building and maintaining data base files.
5. Assists customers in resolving internal transaction errors.
6. Conducts training for users as necessary.
7. Analyzes operations, recommends methods, procedures and techniques to improve operations to meet changes in workload, work priorities and deadlines.
8. Reports equipment problems and ensures timely resolution of problems.
9. Security responsibilities include system access control procedures, data base protection procedures, and equipment protection procedures.
10. Ensures APPS is operational to all users.
11. Continually monitoring internet connection availability.
12. Working with the ICT Directorate to resolve problems as well as system hardware/software problems.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Database or any other relevant field, Master degree is preferred.
At least 2 years of experience as Database Systems officer, preferably working with donor agencies for Afghan governmental agencies.
Fluency in English, Dari/ Pashto, written as well as the spoken ability
Required computer skills ( MS. Windows and MS. Office program)
Comprehensive knowledge and familiarity with APPS affairs and procedures of GoIRA