|Date Posted:||Jun 6, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 19, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||- 85658 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About ACTIN AGAINST HUNGER (AAH):
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
To support the Public Nutrition Department within the Ministry of Public Health to improve the governance of nutrition in Afghanistan, support the revision of policies and coordination mechanisms and raise the profile of PND within MoPH:
- Policy analysis of existing policies and guidelines
- Development of public nutrition advocacy and communications strategy
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Explore several approaches to increase coverage of nutrition activities and strengthen sustainable nutrition implementation mechanisms
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent computer skills, specially data analyses software and Microsoft Office Suit
- Excellent communication, lobbying and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal fluency in English, Pashtu and Dari
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to summarize multiple sources of data into clearly understandable key messages and recommendations.
- Independent, critical mind and pro-activity
- Flexibility and organization
- Ability to work with a team
Duties & Responsibilities:
Mission 1: Support the revision of policies, guidelines and coordination mechanisms through evidence-based advocacy to scale up nutrition in Afghanistan:
Collect and consolidate nutrition and health data from different sources including HMIS, nutrition database, nutrition surveillance, nutrition cluster and any assessment reports to support advocacy and communications activities
Conduct a policy analysis of existing nutrition policies and guidelines and issue recommendations as to the needed policy changes
Develop and implement, along with the PND ream and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. Nutrition Cluster) a Public Nutrition Advocacy and Communications strategy
Conduct nutrition advocacy events according to the above strategy and PND`s nutrition strategic plan.
To explore several approaches for increasing the coverage of facility and community based nutrition activities.
To explore several approaches on strengthening sustainable nutrition implementation mechanism.
Mission 2: Support capacity building within the Public Nutrition Department to ensure sustainability of advocacy within the department.
To map all available resources for Nutrition communication and advocacy within PND.
Facilitate Advocacy workshop(s) with PND team and other relevant stakeholders
Mission 3: Raise the profile of the Public Nutrition Department by supporting meaningful participation in external relations and coordination with respective nutrition stakeholders.
Participate actively in meetings on nutrition and health both inside and when necessary outside the country and provide necessary input in line with pre-defined advocacy messages.
Develop communication strategy for PND for the promotion of nutrition in Afghanistan.
Establish, lead and organize the coordination and advocacy working group within the frame of MOPH-PND
Develop working relationships with MoPH-HP department and all relevant stakeholders to support nutrition advocacy and communications activities.
Coordinate with UNICEF and PND on Nutrition promotion strategy and other areas relevant to scaling up Nutrition in Afghanistan.
Collaborate with other nutrition component representatives (including IYCF, Micronutrients, IMAM, growth monitoring and surveillance) for strengthening nutrition interventions.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- MD, preferably with bachelor degree in nutrition and/or public health with a focus on nutrition
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the field of public nutrition
- Proven advocacy experience