|Date Posted:||Jun 10, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 24, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Research and Development Organization for Afghans is a nongovernmental organization (sdroa). We are the implementing partner for US embassy for Lincoln Learning Centers across Afghanistan. Currently, we are operating in eighteen provinces of Afghanistan. The learning centers are equipped with computers, books, magazines and other reading materials. These centers offer educational/programs for various audience. These centers serve at least six thousand people all over Afghanistan.
The Deputy Coordinator has two major areas of responsibility – management of the center and
programming. Work will be done with the support and collaboration of the staff of the Public Affairs
Section of the U.S. Embassy, Kabul and implementing partner Social Development and Research
Organization for Afghans. The candidate is required to ensure the integrity of the LLC’s financial
operations and make sure the operations adhere to the existing policies of the organization and donor
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Coordinator in management of the center – Responsible for daily opening/closing and
maintaining scheduled hours of operation.
2. Serve your customers in a thoughtful way and be considerate of the users at LLC.
3. Assist the Coordinator to ensure that everyone has access to the center and nothing prohibits
them from using the services.
4. Assist the Coordinator with maintenance of the collection and equipment.
5. Assist the Coordinator to make sure software are up to date and NO illegal software is installed,
and password protect computers.
6. Assist the Coordinator to create and conduct program activities to include speakers, discussion
groups, cultural events, and regular classes in English, computer training and any other topic of
interest to the local population.
7. Attract volunteers and diverse speakers for programs.
8. Assist the Coordinator to conduct outreach activities (e.g. fliers, event notification, visits to
9. Participate in the online community of American Corners.
10. Work to improve operations and outreach to result in increased user attendance at LLCs and at
Budget Management and financial reporting:
11. Manage center procurement as per standards.
12. Assist the Coordinator with all financial documents and see that all financial transactions are
13. Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
14. Maintain files for vouchers and other departmental correspondence.
15. Any other assignment given to him by his/her supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
At least one year of university study in Social Sciences, bachelor degree is given priority and
substantial or significant relevant experience may be substituted.
One to three years of work experience