|Date Posted:||Jun 10, 2018|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU- Finance Expert|
|Closing Date:||Jun 22, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 Months|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Projects Finance Coordinator, Finance Expert is responsible for the functions related to the providing feedback on finance efforts, and intellectual resource management affairs, helping and providing feedback on administrational structure reforms and development, Provide advice and ensure that all the financial activities of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum are in compliant with the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan laws and Finance Rules and Procedures and also World Bank and other Donor Procurement Guidelines, as applicable, help and ensure that adequate budgeting procedures and systems are documented and are in place in Finance and Accounting Directorate as well as in on budget development projects of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
Provinces to travel:
organizational and planning skills
information gathering and monitoring skills
problem analysis and problem solving skills
judgment and decision-making ability
attention to detail and accuracy
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Helping and providing feedback on finance management and intellectual resource management affairs.
3. Providing feedback on administrational structure reforms and development.
4. Reviews budget requests for conformance to program direction and recommends appropriate resource allocations
5. Analyzes the financial impact of departmental programs.
6. Researches, compiles and prepares data for financial studies of prospective sponsoring agencies and developers, including financial standing, fiscal responsibility, history, compatibility, and potential for long range commitment.
7. Closely work with the Projects Finance Coordinator to train and develop capacity in all aspects of Finance.
8. Provide advice and support in establishing an improved budget and expenditure monitoring system as well as regular monitoring of the same.
9. Help and ensure that adequate budgeting procedures and systems are documented and are in place in Projects Finance Coordination as well as in on budget development projects of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
10. Based on results of budget planning and financial monitoring, make suggestions to Unit of Projects Finance Coordination and undertake arrangements for provision of technical assistance to Finance and Accounting Directorate.
11. And any other tasks assigned by the direct manager according law and regulation.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
University degree in Financial Management, Public Administration, Business Administration Economy or related subject; Master’s preferable.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field.
The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.