|Date Posted:||Jun 12, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 17, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||- 60511 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About ACTIN AGAINST HUNGER (AAH):
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
To support the Integrated Emergency Nutrition and WASH response to reduce excess child morbidity and mortality in Ghor province of Afghanistan
Provinces to travel:
- Medical Doctor
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Provide technical support to the nutrition programs and participate in the implementation of activities:
- Supervise and follow-up the activities in HFs and the mobile team on regular basis in collaboration with health and Nutrition PM
- Ensure that other essential complementary activities are well mainstreamed within the major nutrition interventions i.e. positive care practices are promoted; health education is administered within OTP and other HF levels; and also during the implementation of the mobile team activities in collaboration with health and Nutrition PM.
- Providing technical support to nutrition field staff.
- Liaise with support department with anticipation to ensure proper implementation of the project in collaboration with health and Nutrition PM.
- Support nutrition Supervisors in providing OPD-SAM statistic reports.
- Ensure high quality regular communication with selected community elders.
- Conduct formal training to health facility staff on health/nutrition topics.
Objective 2: Human resource management and administration of the nutrition team
- Participate in recruitment process as per established HR policies and make recommendations on the staffing needs to the Nutrition and Health Program Manager
- Carry out performance appraisals, supportive supervision and motivation of staff under him/her.
- Identify training needs of the nutrition staff, prepare and facilitate/ execute the trainings both theoretical and on the job as required.
- Propose and follow-up the nutrition and health team leave plan
Objective 3: Reporting and planning:
- Improve the consumption follow-up and anticipate the needs of RUTF, essential drugs and other items.
- Support the nutrition supervisor in providing daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Identify the problem in field activities and provide possible solution for them
- Collect, correct and compile the activity reports of nutrition supervisors.
- Prepare monthly activity plan for nutrition field teams and submit to the Nutrition and Health PM
- Provide weekly and monthly movement requests.
Objective 4: Participate in the nutritional and medical supervision:
- Participate in evaluations in order to identify the needs ;
- Collect and analyze the data.
Objective 5: any other tasks which given by health and nutrition program manager
Objective 6: Ensure the interim for health and nutrition program manager when absent.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghowr
A minimum of 2 years of experiences in the field of health and nutrition, specially on CMAM program
- Good organization, planning and skills
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Good computer skill
- Good team management and positive attitude