|Date Posted:||Jun 13, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 19, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About ACTIN AGAINST HUNGER (AAH):
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the activities in HFs
Provinces to travel:
Required Competences & Skills :
At least 2 years experience in the field of health and nutrition.
Previous experiences working in TFU/OTP will be an asset
Organisation skills are necessary.
Ability to manage staff according to local culture
Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel
Fluent in Dari and English, Dari and/or Pashto
Knowledge of the targeted area would be an asset
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the activities in HFs.
- Ensure that the admission criteria are respected: severely malnourished cases with medical complications admitted in the TFU and none medical complications are to the OTP.
- Follow-up the history from each patient and conduct the clinical examination (looking after medical complications and their treatment; diarrhea, dehydration, hypothermia, hypoglycemia, anemia, skin disease, pneumonia, and other infections).
- Check the immunization status of every child in the TFU.
- Examine systematically all the patient everyday
- Check each treatment chart daily and follow up the treatment protocol together with the nurse
- Ensure that systematic treatment and drugs are given correctly by the nurse.
- Make sure that the breastfeeding counseling given to all the lactating mothers
- Ensure that discharge criteria are respected, immunization is up to date and health and nutrition education
- Make sure that daily, weekly and monthly record of beneficiaries (admissions, cured, defaulters, death, transfer, gain of weight, length of stay, etc) is in place and fulfill efficiently.
Objective 2 : Team management :
- Train the team in the rules of hygiene, prescriptions and medical supervision ;
- Work in team with the nurses, measurer and the registrar ;
- Establish a work plan for his team ;
- Control the planning of his team ;
- In case of absence of a direct team members, manage who will take over the activities
- Organize training sessions ;
- Carry out appraisal interviews
Objective 3 : Reporting
- Compile and submit statistics on nutrition activities at HFs on a regular basis.
- Do a medical/ dietary supply consumption report
- Monthly morbidity and mortality report
- Ensure that HFs compile monthly statistical report
- Participate to the APR
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Educational / Professional Background :
Graduated degree medical doctor