|Date Posted:||Jun 13, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jul 1, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist in negotiating with contractors on the implementation of activities as per the contractual requirements;
2. Provide day-to-day active technical support and advice to the Deputy Director of Herat region (Management team) as related to Contract Management.
3. Assist the National Regional Team Leader (Deputy Director) in the preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports including comparison between planned and actual progress in physical and financial terms and identification of delays and recommendations for remedial actions. Additional programs will be utilized by the Consultant to be able to do a fair comparison between planned and actual progress in physical and financial terms and identification of delays and recommendations for remedial actions. Some of these programs are: Trend Program, Forecasting;
4. Monitor progress of contracts implementation to ensure that it abides by the stipulated standards, procedures and planned schedule (Items: Project Schedule, Project Budget, Technical Procedure, Contract Management and quality control);
5. Participate in the evaluation for pre-qualification of the contractors, expression of interest for short listing, tenders and proposal and assist in preparing the corresponding report;
6. Prepare Contract Management Plans for the on-going civil works in order to expedite project implementation;
7. Conduct ad-hoc and regular meetings with contractors to discuss issues and problems affecting the progress to take corrective measures in consultation with Management Team;
8. Review any variation order proposed by the contractor and provide advice to the Management Team in accordance with the contract clauses;
9. Assist in reviewing all claims submitted by the Contractor and provide advice to the Management team on the validity of the claim, the effect of such claim on the construction schedule and the cost of the project;
10. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the progress of all contracted works, including completed and outstanding activities, by comparing against Contract Work Plan and BOQ (Bill of Quantities);
11. Advise for preparing required justification and proposal for variation orders against the various contracts and process them for WB NOL/approvals;
12. Conduct continuous review of the OK Cards system, construction manual and specifications to improve their relevance in light of experience gained from implementation;
13. Review and clear Contractors’ payment requests in accordance with the contract provisions; and by checking all technical measurements and rates; verification of quality assurance; authentication of certifications, corroboration of completed works against past outstanding activities and determination of remaining activities on the basis of work plan and BOQ specifications;
14. Assist in following up with officials/contractors/suppliers for improving the pace of work (whenever slow progress is noted);
15. Issue timely intimations for completion of contracts as per schedule;
16. Coordinate/advise for sorting out contractual disputes/bottlenecks related to various contracts;
17. Assist in preparation of various follow up letters/reminders/contractual notices for the contractors/suppliers;
18. Assist in organize seminars and workshops on relevant contract management challenges and lessons learned from the implementation for project staff and contractors;
19. Follow up the third party monitoring deviations with supervisors and QC department.
20. Assisting the Deputy Director with preparation of the new proposals of sub projects.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Having at least Bachelor’s Degree of civil Engineering with 5 years of relevant Experience.
(Master’s Degree in Construction Management from a recognized University is Desirable).
Fluency in English and National Languages.
Must be familiar with the Ms Office Package, Outlooks and other Engineering software’s.
Must be familiar with MS projects or primavera software’s.
Must be familiar with scheduling