|Date Posted:||Jun 13, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jul 1, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Follow up the correction of the deviations which will receive from the third party monitoring company with regional office.
2. Prepare the final report of the reply of the deviations and submit to the third party monitoring company.
3. Participate in the meeting with third party monitoring and explain the progress report on the reply of the deviations.
4. Conduct training for the regional office about the proper method of correction the deviations.
5. Provide proper solution to the deviations while the regional office need technical assistance from the QC department of the PCU-Kabul office.
6. Having knowledge of using all the quality control testing equipment’s required as per the project requirements, likewise; los-Angeles abrasion test, gravel shape test, gravel crushing test, impact value test, gradation, gradation and silt test for sand, sieve analysis, slump test, concrete compressive strength test, steel yield strength test, proctor test, field density test, different soil tests and similar.
7. Guiding the regional QC Engineers and supervisors on the earthwork.
8. Guiding the regional office QC Engineer regarding the concrete works (Hot weather concreting and cool weather concreting).
9. Guiding the regional office engineers about the usage of the comical admixture.
10. Conduct training about the advance concreting and benefit the usage of admixtures.
11. guiding the contractors for using proper methods for testing and use of suitable construction materials and equipment’s in the field
12. conduct and report on the quality control testing in the field as per the technical specifications with proper conclusion and recommendation
13. prepare and participate in training courses and on-the-job training for the site implementing staff/companies, contractors’ supervisors and communities in the quality control testing measures and use of testing tools/equipment;
14. Follow up the daily QC report from the sub projects.
15. Guiding the regional office in terms of the PPE and safety of the site of project.
16. Assist the gender social and gender officers of the regional office to implement all required steps of ESMP and project documents.
17. Perform any other duties as required by the PCU Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Having at least Bachelor’s Degree of civil Engineering with 5 years of relevant Experience.
Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University well preferable.
Fluency in English and National Languages.
Must be familiar with the Ms Office Package, Outlooks and other computer software’s.
Having experience of the working with third party monitoring of World Bank founded projects and ARTF is preferable.