|Date Posted:||Jun 13, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jun 25, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Vacancy NO: 1
Duty Station: ICT General Directorate Ministry of Interior
Relevant Department: General Directorate of ICT
Reporting to: Direct supervisor and SME Program Office
The subject matter expert will advise the Radio Director, ICT on all aspects of MoI radio and related equipment. And, to serve as an expert who will advise on all aspects of the MoI communication infrastructure to include: procurement, logistics, budget, training, ICT services, hardware, software for a wide array of radio networks and other systems to improve the quality of services to the Afghan National Police
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design training on all of MoI’s communication radio systems for ICT personnel. Must use standard practices for teaching methods for improvement. Subject matter expert will improve training capacity in ICT.
2. As Radio SME, understand the maintenance and repairs of an array of electronic systems inclusive, but not limited to, trunked radio systems, analog and digital VHF, HF and UHF radio systems.
3. Conducts inspections and performs preventive maintenance on radio systems as required by policy.
4. Advise and support the ICT Directorate managing resources, activities, processes, suitable and executable plans based on rules and regulations, policy and other requirements in order achieve all of MoI ICT’s objectives with effective and transparent and results.
5. Advise the ICT Director effective systems to run and manage radio communications for Mol.
6. Create, support, and plan for the bi-annually inventory or IT, radio, and telecommunication equipment.
7. Advise on cost savings; ensuring the maximum utilization of radio for the Communication Directorate's in order to satisfy the required services of MoI.
8. Advise on programs resolving the radio related problems improving support services.
9. Communicate experiences to personnel to ensure that they have effective motivation and have been trained adequately to standard.
10. Conduct a daily brief on MoI’s capabilities in to sustain and improve MoI’s professional personnel.
11. Provide services with MoI are standard to achieve the Ministry's objectives.
12. Plan, execute, and evaluate radio training programs to determine course material, facilities, and objectives, training methods, and evaluation of instructors to recommend and implement changes.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor degree in Radio Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant field, Master degree is preferred.
At least 5 years of experience as Radio, IT and Land line Communication, preferably working with donor agencies for Afghan governmental agencies.
Fluency in English, Dari/Pashto , written as well as spoken ability
Maintained a thorough knowledge of Radio systems and procedures for accurate instruction for students to use the information to troubleshoot equipment under normal and combat conditions. And, demonstrate critical thinking skills to forecast the technical, complicated and unseen problems. And, have administrative skills to categorize multiple tasks and be able to prioritize.