|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Aug 13, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue) Assistant (DHPA) will be an FHI 360 employee working and placed at the HEMAYAT Provincial Office based in focused districts of Herat (Zindajan and Karukh) and Kandahar (Panjwayee and Daman). The District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue) Assistant will be, responsible for facilitating implementation and monitoring of community dialogue plus (CD+) activity within the donor-approved work plan. S/he will report directly to the provincial CBHC Officer and the CD+ Focal Point in Demand Generation Team at Kabul.
Provinces to travel:
1. Good communication skills and local language is preferred.
2. Basic computer and electronic mailing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Participate in TOT of Community Dialogue Plus (CD+) in the center of the respective province
2. Adapt/ Adopt training Package of CD+ according to the context of the designated districts.
3. Assist HEMAYAT Provincial CBHC Officer in selection of the villages for the implementation of CD+.
4. Actively participate and implement together with Trainer and CBHC Officer in the first village and then implement in the other villages individually.
5. Facilitate dialogue sessions in the selected villages to identify main barriers to RMNCH services and find out the root causes of the problems.
6. Facilitate the dialogue in the selected villages to design local solutions and develop action plan to implement the solutions.
7. Actively follow up with CD+ committee to ensure implementation of CD+ Action plan and track and review change in the indicators and report of the of the CD+ sessions.
8. Assist Provincial CBHC Officer in orientation of district and health facility staff and heads of selected villages.
9. Facilitate monthly and quarterly review meetings and update provincial and central team from the progress.
10. Assist provincial team to select villages and teams to be recognized on the day of celebration.
11. Any other health promotion and community based health activities assigned from the provincial CBHC and or central DG team.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat, Kandahar
1. Graduated from recognized high school.
2. One-year experience of work with community.
3. Experience with health surveys and campaign.
4. More active and enthusiastic to work in community.
5. Willingness and ability to travel to targeted areas.