|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2018|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU- Technical Mining & Cement Specialist (LSMU)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 13, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||4 Months|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Technical Mining & Cement Specialist will be responsible to facilitate necessary cement tendering processes documents and to carry out evaluation of technical proposals of interested companies who submit their documents to the LSMU, reporting to the Head of Committee about the Evaluation results. He or she will assist the LSMU members with technical consultancy in overall process of Mineral Contracts awarding.
Provinces to travel:
Adaptability to corporate setting is a must.
Strong negotiation and client management skills.
The ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups.
The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required.
The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Liaise with LSMU on lease of mines.
3. Technical data analysis of cement raw materials and generate a comprehensive report.
4. Create and manage the process for project development and launching the tenders for large scale cement projects.
5. Evaluation and facilitation of EoIs, RFPs, PQQ sand proposals (from technical point of view) in full compliance with Minerals Law, Regulations of Mineral Processing.
6. Actively work to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including government agencies, regional bodies, key industries and business organizations.
7. Attend negotiation meetings.
8. Provide technical assistance to the negotiation team in order to protect the benefit of GoIRA.
9. Provide technical reports to the LSMU.
10. Evaluation of Model Mining Contract from technical point of view.
11. Generate a comprehensive report.
12. Any other activities as assigned by supervisor according to laws and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor in Mining Engineering and any other related field, Master degree is highly preferred in this field.
At least 5 years of work experience in relevant fields specially in mining contract process .
Fluency in English, Dari, Pashto languages and Microsoft Office programs.
The Incumbent should have sound knowledge of the extractive sector and cement industry.
The Incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills.
The incumbent should be able to represent MoMP in intra-government and non-government meetings, conference etc.