|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Aug 18, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Title: ICT Communication SME
Vacancy NO: 1
Duty Station: ICT General Directorate Ministry of Interior
Relevant Department: General Directorate of ICT
Reporting to: Direct supervisor and SME Program Office
This is a Subject Matter Expert (SME), position within the Ministry of Interior (MoI). The purpose of the SME position is to develop communications and other information systems technologies, managing all aspects of the development process from start to completion including the management of applications, resources, and technical staff so that the Ministry/Agency is supported by relevant and modern systems functionality.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage applicable resources, activities, and processes, so as to achieve all objectives with efficient, effective, transparent and beneficial outcomes for GIRoA.
2. Ensure functions comply with the Ministry/Agency’s Strategic plan and objectives.
3. Cooperation on creating and updating ICT policies and procedures and strategies.
4. Develop the communications and information technology systems to ensure that they support the attainment of Ministry/Agency objectives.
5. Draft and monitor the approved systems development budget to ensure that expenditure is accurately forecast and kept within agreed limits.
6. Introduce all necessary modern security measures to ensure that data systems are secure from data loss or misuse.
7. Monitor all new ICT systems to ensure that any problems are rapidly dealt with and any defects remedied.
8. Advise senior management of necessary upgrades, replacements, future system hardware requirements and procurement in coordination with MoI staff.
9. Provide training and advice as required to users of communications systems to ensure their effective employment in support of MoI and GIRoA objectives.
10. Manage systems development projects to ensure that results are delivered on time and within budget.
11. Manage staff to ensure they are effectively recruited, motivated, developed and trained so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
12. Gain up-to-date knowledge and competencies so as to maintain professional development.
13. Ensure service delivery is achieved to the required standard and according to the relevant plan in order to achieve the objectives of the ministry in support of GIRoA.
14. Communicate with the Afghan public using traditional and modern platforms to deliver effective messaging in support of the ministry and GIRoA.
15. Provide interpretation and translation services on ICT related issues to the ICT General Director and NOC Manager
16. Any of the duties required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations, and objectives of the ministry/agency.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Master degree is preferred.
At least 4 years of experience as an ICT Communication Officer, preferably working with donor agencies for Afghan governmental agencies.
Fluency in English, Dari/ Pashto, written as well as the spoken ability
Required computer skills ( MS. Windows and MS. Office program)
Comprehensive knowledge of Network/Servers related training/certifications and procedures of MoIA of GoIRA
All ethnic groups and genders are urged to apply (female candidates are preferred to apply)