|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Aug 18, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Title: Presidential Instructions Following Up SME
Vacancy NO: 1
Duty Station: M&E General Directorate Ministry of Interior
Relevant Department: General Directorate of M&E
Reporting to: Direct supervisor and SME Program Office
The SME for following up Presidential instructions is working for the directorate General of Monitoring and Evaluation under the direct supervision of Director of General, and is responsible to carry out the following tasks. Reports to SME Program Office and Direct Supervisor.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive work plan for regular following up and implementation of Presidential Instructions at MoI.
2. Establish and Operationalize and effective following up mechanism for implementation of presidential instructions at MoI.
3. Under the supervision of M&E General Director, prepare regular performance reports on following up and implementation of presidential instructions at MoI and sharing the reports with Minister`s chief of Staff office and First Deputy Minister`s Office.
4. Establish good coordination with the chief of staff office with regards to follow up of presidential instructions implementation on regular basis.
5. Establish good coordination with MoI departments and commands on follow up and sending their performance reports on implementation of presidential instructions to meet deadlines for each task.
6. Monitor the progress of MoI depts/commands performance on implementation of presidential instructions.
7. Ensure from the effective implantation of Presidential instructions follow up mechanism by the concerned authorities at MoI and update it on weekly basis.
8. Analyze reports received from MoI depts/commands on implementation of presidential decrees, orders and instructions to make sure they are consisted to the assigned tasks and submit the analyze report to M&E General Director.
9. Provide feedback and recommendations on reports received from departments/commands and contact with responsible focal points to improve the quality of reports.
10. Update the Presidential Instructions follow up matrix on regular basis, specify the completed, incomplete tasks and items under work and communicate with the relevant MoI depts and commands.
11. Facilitate and Participate in the weekly instructions follow up committee meetings.
12. Based on M&E General Directorate Instruction’s, perform other M&E related activities and provide assistance to Head of the section, when necessary.
13. Active participation in the meeting on MOI Financial Commitment to CSTC-A, and provide technical inputs to improve effective utilization of resources.
14. Based on M&E GD instruction, perform other M&E related activities and provide assistance to head of section when necessary.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics and Management, Master degree is preferred.
At least 3 years of experience as M&E Officer, preferably working with donor agencies for Afghan governmental agencies.
Fluency in English, Dari/ Pashto, written as well as the spoken ability
Required computer skills ( MS. Windows and MS. Office program)
Comprehensive knowledge of M&E and related trainings/certifications and procedures of MoIA of GoIRA
All ethnic groups and genders are urged to apply (Female is highly preferred to apply)