|Date Posted:||Aug 7, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Aug 25, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
1. Rehabilitation of Irrigation Infrastructure;
2. Dams Development
3. Hydro-Meteorological Facilities and Services, and
4. Project Management and Capacity Building.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Ministry of Energy and Water plays a key role towards developing the sectors of energy and water in Afghanistan. .Energy is vital for the development of industry and growth of economy while sustainable electricity at affordable prices can improve the living standard of the whole Afghan nation. Additionally, water can improve the livelihood of people both of present and future generations by providing access to safe drinking water, household food security, and sources of income whereas protecting them from the negative effects of droughts and floods by developing and managing water resources in a sustainable way with user participation, and by contributing to the growth of the national economy by providing effective services for efficient water use in all sectors. Human capital plays significant role in accomplishing the missions and tasks of Ministry of energy and water and to transform the Afghanistan into self-reliant, developed, and prosperous country in the region. Recruiting highly educated and potential employees for performing core and important tasks is main strategy for further improvements of ministry.
A) Data Collection and Data Process:
1. Collecting and analysing Hydro meteorological data from different sources
2. Calibration of hydrology design input data.
3. Calculate of base flow, discharge runoff, direct runoff, and direct runoff coefficient of the River Basin for flood Analysis.
4. Analyzing and calculate of flood runoff, rainfall-runoff, flood forecasting and Flow duration curve.
5. Calculate the flood probability of exceedance and frequency, flood peak, probable flood hydrograph and flood return period rate.
6. Calculating the annual average water losses, rainfall losses and effective rainfall of the river basin.
7. Simulation, Computation and Calibration of Maximum flood, flood routing, return period methods and results.
8. Develop of flood risk modelling and mapping guidance document (covering catchment hydrological modelling)
9. Support the lead of hydrology and flood in all hydrological analyses.
10. Contribute to multi-hazard risk assessment for study the basins.
11. Calculate of river flow regime, water balance, mean annual discharge, and mean annual runoff and annual hydrograph of the River Basin.
12. Calculate of key elements for the irrigation and intake deign.
13. Estimate the supply ability of the basin to the future water demands.
14. Mapping of river course and simulated of the watershed design characteristics.
15. Simulate and improvement of hydro meteorological data for hydrological development projects.
16. Comparing the correlation of estimated rainfall and discharge based on satellite data with the ground observed and measured data.
17. Calculation and preparing of water year books using rating curves method.
18. Measure of water in the rivers by cableway, current-meter and bridge-boom to find and calculate velocity, depth, width of river.
19. Analyzing of the key association elements for integrated river basin planning and dam feasibility study.
20. Hydrology Technical assists with water resources department and develop trainings program in Hydrology Modelling (Flood and water Balance).
B) Numerical simulations and hydrologic modeling:
1. Run IFAS (Integrated Flood Analysis System), Auto-IFAS, IRIC (International River Interface Cooperative), HEC-HMS and WEAP (Water Evaluation and Planning) software to develop river basin management planning models.
2. Run X-connect software for hydro meteorological data analysing and processing
3. Run ETo-Calculator software to estimate the evapotranspiration rate from surface land.
4. Run GIS analysis base on QGIS, ArcGIS and GrassGis for the river basin mapping and watershed delineation.
5. Run IPI2 software for geophysics data analysing and processing to estimate the ground water level in water supply project via deep wells.
6. Calibration and validating of water resources engineering models.
7. Used Advection –Diffusion-Reaction method to analyse the evolution of chemical species in the rivers flow.
8. Statistical and Probability analysis.
9. Used PWRI-DHM model for converting rainfall into runoff analysis in the large scale river basin.
C) Software Competency:
IFAS, Auto-IFAS, IRIC, X-connect, HEC-HMS, WEAP, ArcGIS, GrassGis, QGIS, Auto CAD, SAP 2000, R, ETo-Calculator, IPI2.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
A. Academic Qualifications
Bachelor degree in civil engineering/water resource engineering and management at the field of Civil and Disaster Mitigation engineering modeling. (Master’s Degree Desirable)
B. Technical Competence and Experience
A. Having at least four years of relvant experience in water engineering including design, assessment supervision of infrastructure construction and/or management of major infrastructure projects.
B. Capability of watershed designing. Contract documentation of most civil engineering infrastructure such as dams Projects, Irrigation projects.
C. Knowledge and experience in skillful use of computer and its relevant soft-wares, such as Auto CAD, Auto Desk Land, SAP 2000, ETABS 2000, MS Project/Primavera, World, Excel.
D. Knowledge and experience of the necessary internal and external meetings and presentation at local and international conference.
E. Knowledge of developing training materials, and offer trainings related to Water-related models to other staff of Ministry of Energy and Water and give presentation and seminars internally and other stakeholders.
F. Having experience of working with national and international organization.
G. Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English (Writing, Reading and Speaking).
H. Excellent Communication Skills
I. Proactive and Creative