|Date Posted:||Aug 7, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Aug 25, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Government of Afghanistan has been implementing the Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development Project UTF/AFG/070/AFG (IRDP) with the financial assistance from the World Bank. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UNFAO) is providing the technical assistance to this project.
The support to groundwater management of Afghanistan has been added as a sub-component under Component C1, in additional financing stage.
Afghanistan is appreciably rich in groundwater. The yield potential of the unconsolidated aquifer systems in the country is expected to be significantly higher than the crystalline and carbonate rocks.
The project has planned to carry out groundwater investigations in Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Farah and Zaranj.
1. Coordinate with national groundwater related offices, staff and consultants between Hydrogeology Department and IRDP PCU, various national bodies and Ministries as well as Consultants;
2. Supervise National Hydro-geologist, Geophysicist and GIS Specialist;
3. Help/assist International Groundwater Specialist in additional data collection, groundwater investigation, hydro-geological mapping and groundwater development strategy formulation;
4. Review, compile required technical and progress reports and work plans, both in English and National language/s;
5. Coordinate website development and production of required documents;
6. Pre-plan field visits -
7. Undertake field work and site visits for investigative and monitoring purposes
8. Undertake environment impact assessments of groundwater abstraction and management activities
9. Manage GW sub-component activities and contractors
10. Any other duties required by the Hydrogeology Department/PCU Management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The National Hydrogeology Specialist/Focal point should have minimum Bachelor Degree with 5 years of relevant experience or in the field of Hydrogeology, Civil or Geology (preferable Master Degree of Hydrogeology).
Knowledge of English and computer literacy are essential.