|Date Posted:||Aug 12, 2018|
|Reference:||WLD - 0128|
|Closing Date:||Aug 21, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development:
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women: 1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree. 2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school. WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development. Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
The Contracts, Grants and Procurement Assistant (CG&P Assistant) works under the direct supervision of the Mangers in that Department and will report to the Contracts Manager. The selected candidate will assist the CG&P Department across various procurement, grant and contracts management tasks. The CG&P Assistant will support TT WLD management to maintain transparent, effective and efficient contract, grant and procurement process for all CG&P activities in support of the Tetra Tech WLD project. This position is based in the Tetra Tech WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan.
In addition, the CG&P Assistant, at times, will support other TT WLD Departments with activities related to CG&P functions, in accordance with Tetra Tech policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations governing procurement and grant and contract issuance and management.
The CG&P Assistant will spend most of their work hours supporting the procurement function of the CG&P Department.
Requires travel to provinces:
Proficient written and spoken English language skills are required. The ability to read and translate Dari and Pashto to English is desirable
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Good mathematics skills are required
A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Software suite is required. Particularly strong skills in Excel and Word are required.
Attention to detail and the ability to remain focused on tasks and not get easily distracted is a key requirement of the position
Trustworthiness and the ability to be discrete with sensitive information are key requirements of the position
Experience working in a CG&P department and or a similar procurement department
Experience working on a USAID funded project, with some experience and understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Ability to work independently, effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
Honest, dependable, punctual with willingness to work in a team environment.
Willingness to learn, desire to continuously improve and perform at the highest level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Become thoroughly familiar the CG&P Department's systems and procedures for the management of contracts, grants and procurement.
2. Prepare CG&P documents related to the solicitation, review, and approval of procurements, according to predefined templates and protocols.
3. Support the Grants and Contracts Managers to administer and monitor grant agreements and contracts, according to TT-WLD established protocols.
4. Work with CG&P Department personnel to complete the required purchase orders for the TT WLD Program.
5. Assist to maintain a clean, thorough filing system (electronic, paper, binder) for all CG&P related documents, that is audit ready at all times.
6. Assist to ensure all electronic files and documents are correctly saved and stored on project shared drives and other storage systems according to TT-WLD protocols.
7. Assist to file, copy, scan, label CG&P subcontracts, grants and purchase orders and other compliance related documents as needed, ensuring that all documents are in filed in the appropriate hard and electronic copy formats.
8. Assist by creating and updating excel spreadsheets, trackers and Memorandums of Record as required and requested by the CG&P Department personnel and or the DCG&P.
9. Provide note taking assistance at CG&P related meetings as required.
10. Understand the Goods Deliverable Receipt (GDR) and disposition of property process requirement and how it impacts the overall CG&P process.
11. Print, copy, scan, file, label and box all CG&P files as required and directed in preparation for project close out.
12. Professional email communication is required at all times.
13. Required to assist and support any other reasonable additional tasks as requested by the CG&P Department managers and Director.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
The CG&P Assistant works under the supervision of the CG&P Managers and will report to the Contracts Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) is required. A degree in finance or project management or another related field is desirable but not required
Minimum of one year of work experience in an equivalent position.
Able to join the project immediately.