|Date Posted:||Sep 4, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Sep 16, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart. The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used. A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities. The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The Technical Advisor will be working with Cereal and industrial crop directorate, and carryon the following tasks.
Requires travel to provinces:
Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Computer literacy, Word, Excel, power point
Good writing and communication skills.
Good communication in English Fluency in Dari and Pashtu languages is required;
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Increased overall productivity and nutritious quality of wheat and rice
2. Improved policy, strategy, institutional structure and competent capacity to provide need based efficient and effective services to farmers
3. Strengthened coordination and partnership for timely and transparent implementation of program interventions.
The key interventions are:
1. Identifying the potential productive area based on crop calendar for program interventions
2. Build and strengthen the organization structure based on target area.
3. Enhance institutional and human capacity to support ongoing programs
4. Establish sustainable extension services delivery mechanism and partnership through the farmers learning and resources centers at district level.
5. Introduce adaptable improved wheat and rice varieties in target areas
6. Demonstrate the pre and post- harvest best practices for target farmers and promote the adaption of best practices by all farmers
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Advise and assist with directorate on the preparation of relevant policy and strategy documentation.
Advise and assist with the directorate on the development of cereal and industrial crop calendar.
Advise and assist with the directorate in identification of productive area for irrigated and rain-fed wheat cultivation based on crop calendar.
Advise and assist with directorate to restructure the directorate based on target area.
Advice and support with directorate to coordinate with relevant stakeholder for establishment of sustainable extension services delivery mechanism based on wheat and rice production and productivity
Assist with directorate to design the practical demo plot for wheat and rice.
Assist with directorate on data collection and analysis of demo plat and find the effect level of each technology on wheat and rice productivity
Assist with directorate to prepare annul plan and need based reporting
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor degree in Agriculture with 5 years of relevant work experience in the current field is required