|Date Posted:||Sep 10, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Sep 16, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University:
The Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University (ACKU) is the premier library and research center in Afghanistan. ACKU was established in 1989 in Peshawar, Pakistan, as the ACBAR Resource and Information Centre (ARIC). Currently ACKU has over 90,000 books and manuscripts in Dari, Pashtu, English and other languages. ACKU is working to make as much of its collection available online as possible, through a digital repository linked to its online catalog. ACKU also runs an outreach program called ACKU Box Library Extension (ABLE) that provides libraries in a box to rural communities and high schools throughout the country. ABLE is the pioneer of box libraries in Afghanistan, aiming to enhance and encourage reading among people of all ages and abilities.
The communication intern will assist the Communication and Research Manager and the Communication Officer for promoting the ACKU profile, publicizing our activities through our website and Facebook page, organizing our events, and liaising with the media and the public.
Provinces to travel:
1. Quick learner with the ability to follow directions well.
2. Be creative, innovative and efficient and have the ability to work under tight timelines.
3. Be able to manage his/her time appropriately.
4. Good oral and written communication and networking skills.
5. Be a team player who can work with diverse groups of people.
6. Computer skills in MS office (Word, Excel, and Power point)—Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
7. Fluency in Dari/Pashtu is essential and high level of English is desirable – only candidates who are able to write in the national languages to a high standard will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Liaise with ACKU team to support organizing public events on thematic issues related to Afghanistan.
2. Update ACKU’s website and social media with regular updates on ACKU activities and events.
3. Serve as the focal person for publication of ACKU periodic newsletters and other promotional materials e.g. press release, publicity flyers, placing stories in print and broadcast media.
4. Photographing and videoing events (if no experience, training will be provided).
5. Assist the Communication and Research Manager with the printing of material for the Research methodology and critical reading courses.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
BA in Journalism, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences or Management or relevant experience in a communication position.