|Date Posted:||Sep 13, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Sep 19, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Engineering and Construction|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BILTEK Afghan:
The Estimate and BoQ Engineer will be under direct supervision of the Construction Section of Biltek Organization; the employee will be responsible for overall estimation of construction projects and report directly to Project Manager and/or Country Manager of Biltek Organization.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Estimate and BoQ Engineer is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing the plans and specifications on projects, prepared by others, and checking the final detail takeoff or Bill of Quantities (BoQ) required for construction in line with the design and technical specifications requirements for completeness and accuracy
- Confer with members of the design and engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements/scope of work.
- Collects and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, equipment, and tooling to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Identifies and quantifies potential cost uncertainties to ensure costing models capture the full range of potential costs.
- Updates cost as necessary based on new information and project scope changes.
- Requires interface with project management, engineering, and procurement departments
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BoQ) for new and existing construction projects
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Create and maintain an accurate Cost Estimating database of unit prices for building projects.
- Perform cost comparisons and advise the most efficient combination of cost.
- Assist on analyzing tenders.
- Based in the Kabul Office, but may be asked to make short-term field visits to project sites.
- Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant field is required.
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience providing Cost Estimating/Quantity Survey services for multi-disciplined engineering, construction or construction management companies.
- Strong technical background and working knowledge of construction work.
- Good analytical capability and attention to detail within calculations, checking and summarizing.
- Ability to interpret engineering documentation such as drawings, specifications, the scope of works, etc.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to coordinate the work of others, work on tight deadlines, and handle multiple concurrent activities.
- High degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept wide responsibilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational), including the ability to present sensitive issues/positions and to write reports and technical decisions quantitatively justified;
- Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint) and Internet use;
- Competent user of project control software, such as MS Project or Primavera.
- Excellent knowledge Dari, Pashto, Turkey and fluency in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills;