|Date Posted:||Sep 16, 2018|
|Reference:||MoMP/ Senior Technical Advisor|
|Closing Date:||Sep 26, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 Months|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the direct supervision of Technical Deputy Minister, Senior Technical Advisor is responsible for the functions related to the participation in all necessary internal and external technical meetings of Ministry of Mines and provides other advice and duties requested from authorities.
Provinces to travel:
Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
Prepare plan correction reports
Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
Communicate effectively in oral and written form
attention to detail and accuracy
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Continues participation and involvement in big, medium, small size Mines contracts meetings to monitor proposals with Committee including (IMC) to find possible solution and other committees to give right consult.
3. Participate in all precious and Semi-precious stones meetings which are exported and traded by the national and international businessmen inside the county or outside the country are identified and priced by the committee.
4. Participation with the committee in the Ministry of Mine reporting according to the contract to the authorities.
5. Participation in all necessary internal and external technical meetings of Ministry of Mine.
6. Technical Advising to all Directorates
7. Identification of jewels, minerals and rock samples brought from the local area.
8. Participation in designing plan and policy according to the laws and regulations
9. Cooperation and advising technical proposals in order to direct programs of Mines for the extraction.
10. Advice on enrichment goals of Ministry.
11. Technical advisor will be providing necessary advice to Geological problems to the Ministry of Mine and mining companies.
12. Technical advisor will be required to travel to the extraction areas of mining in provinces and he will also be required to prepare report and to submitted to Ministry of Mine.
13. Active Participation in meetings and educational, technical seminars inside and outside the ministry
14. Provide other advice and duties requested from authorities
15. Any other tasks assigned by the direct manager according to law and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
University degree in Mines and Geology and Petroleum Geology or related subject; Master’s preferable.
Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the related field.
Contract tracking and management systems.
Ability of Training processes and techniques.
Supervisory practices, principles, and methods.
Maintaining an established work schedule.
Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.