|Date Posted:||Oct 6, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Oct 18, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
The incumbent will provide full time support for the implementation and establishment of a replicable model of partnership with private service providers to provide access to immunization and basic reproductive health (RH) services in the targeted provinces. The primary purpose of the recruitment of a national consultant is to assist GCMU in successful implementation PHP project including: preparing the contract, awarding grants, reviewing quarterly reports and deliverables, ensuring grantee payments; monitoring, reporting and evaluation of results, monitoring the progress against the plans, tracking expanses against budgets and generating required reports.
Provinces to travel:
D. LINE OF REPORING:
The PHP senior consultant will report to the Grant manager of the grant based in GCMU.
1) To be able to develop, comment and review health project budgets.
2) Have an excellent knowledge of English (writing, speaking, and understanding), fluency in national languages
3) Willingness to travel to targeted provinces and districts, 15-25% of his/her ti
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Manage and oversee NGO partner contract/grant compliance and project implementation in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract/grant. Responsible for contract management and contract modifications of PHP contracts.
2) Assist in developing or adapting formats, procedures, and regulations to be used for contract and grant management according to Afghan’s Procurement Law, MOPH and donor requirements and regulations.
3) Contribute actively in developing the ToR and other related required documents for the RFP for the new HSS projects.
4) Coordination and interaction with the related stakeholders such as NGO partners, MoPH departments at the central and provincial level, governmental authorities and community representatives.
5) Review the proposals in light of the GOIRA procurement rules, MoPH policies, regulation and technical guidelines.
6) Ensure that the contracting NGOs implementing PHP contracts submit all the required project documents including the technical reports on timely basis aligned with the contracts.
7) Review the technical reports of PHP contractors and provide constructive and timely feedback.
8) Establish appropriate monitoring and supervision and reporting system between GCMU, M&E and PHP contractors and relevant stakeholders.
9) Monitor the contractors activities to make sure the performance is in compliance with the contract requirements including analyzing the quarterly data and reporting using routine information sources (quarterly reports, HMIS, monitoring visit reports, etc.) and ad-hoc information, and ensure that action plans and corrective actions are taken in a timely manner to achieve desired performance outcomes.
10) Collaborate with development budget department to assist in timely payments and monitoring /reporting the financial performance.
11) Keep proper record of correspondence and documents related to PHP contract management.
12) Produce monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc report of the PHP contracts, as required.
13) Any other tasks to be given by line manager relevant to his qualification and expertise
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
F. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1) To be a MD or equivalent from a recognized university with at least 7 years’ experience of working with NGOs, UN agencies or government of Afghanistan; or Masters in Public Health with at least 5 years’ experience of working with NGOs, UN agencies or government of Afghanistan for health project management and coordination.
2) Knowledge and experiences of procurement for consultancy services is preferable.
3) To be able to develop, comment and review health project budgets.
4) Have an excellent knowledge of English (writing, speaking, and understanding), fluency in national languages
5) Willingness to travel to targeted provinces and districts, 15-25% of his/her time.