|Date Posted:||Oct 9, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Oct 28, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Request for “Expressions of Interest” for National Individual Consultants
Organization: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP)
Reference No.: MEW/PCU/REOI/594
Announcement Date: 09-Oct-2018 closing Date: 29- Oct -2018
Nationality: Afghanistan Duration: one year (Likely to be extended)
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Below is a detailed description of duties and responsibilities which include following:
1. Simulate sediment in the catchment using Water Erosion Predict Project (Geo WEPP) model.
2. Assist the hydrology /River sediment team in the day-to-day management of hydrology and sediment data processing and rainfall-runoff modeling.
3. Process, analysis and hydrological modeling in particular River Basin using sediment raw data.
4. Hydrological stations network design in the River Basins.
5. Simulate climate change prediction using SimCLIME model.
6. Simulate long term data using Mann-Kendall trend test.
7. Capability of installation of automatic hydrological, meteorological and snow survey stations.
8. Simulate peak runoff in the catchment using Water Erosion Predict Project (Geo WEPP) model.
9. Have a thorough understanding of MS office package, AutoCAD, GIS, QGIS and any other filed relevant software.
10. Capability of operation and maintenance of automatic hydrology stations.
11. Analysis and predict future climate change impacts on air temperature and precipitation.
12. Analyses climate change scenario.
13. Most effective way to gap filling the missing hydrological data.
14. Run the Data integration and Analysis System(DIAS)
15. Connect automatic hydrological stations sensors to satellite.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree in Civil engineering/ environmental engineering/ water resources engineering and management hydrological modeling.
Master’s Degree holder will be highly preferred.
At least 5 years’ relevant experience.
Have good analytic and reporting skills.
Be able to present complex technical problems in clear manners.
Having experience of working with national and international organization.
Be able to deliver on given tasks on time.
Knowledge and experience of the necessary internal and external meetings and presentation at local and international conference.
Knowledge of developing training materials, and offer trainings related to water- related models to other staff of Ministry of Energy and Water(MEW) and give presentation and seminars internally and other stakeholders.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in national languages as well as English.