|Date Posted:||Oct 9, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Oct 15, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About SYNERGY SOLUTION AFGHANISTAN:
Synergy Solution is an experienced facility Operation & Maintenance as well as procurement services company serving both the private sector as well as U.S. and Afghan governments instillations throughout Afghanistan.
The Accountant will manage all transactions related to Synergy Financial transactions and activities. S/he will ensure that the outlined financial policies and procedures are implemented and followed in the assigned area. Using the GAAP principals, the Accountant will work with the managements and other staffs to ensure that all finance activities are being performed effectively and accurately. The Accountant is responsible for providing complete and accurate information, reports and backup documentation for financial activities. S/he will provide support in other finance areas as necessary and maintain a positive working relationship with the Synergy staff and clients.
Provinces to travel:
Knowledge of MS Office is a must. Knowledge is accounting software like SAGE and Quickbooks is preferable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Accountant will be responsible for the following detailed tasks:
Cash and Bank Account Management
1. Responsible for the preparing of all cash transactions and wire transfer payments.
3. Responsible for the secure transfer of cash from the bank to the office.
4. Responsible for ensuring the safety of all Synergy funds.
5. Responsible for the appropriate keys to the petty cash box in the office
6. Make recommendations to the management regarding improvements to the cash safety and disbursement procedures.
7. Ensure that project vendors are paid on time.
8. Work with the management on timely tax payments.
9. While processing daily transactions the Accountant should:
Utilize the Purchase Request Form and Advance Forms as outlined in the Finance and Accounting Manual.
Ensure that proper approval signatures are obtained and that both parties, Payer and Receiver, verify the cash amount of the transaction.
Complete and submit the Advance Register, Bank and Cash Reconciliation Form, and other forms on monthly basis
Update the Check Journal and Cash Journals on a daily basis.
Reconcile Petty Cash Box on a daily basis.
Prepare monthly back-up documents for review by management
1. Ensure that the employee salary list is updated.
2. Ensure that salary is disbursed to all employees on schedule.
3. Prepare monthly income tax withholding payments
4. File all salary information according to outlined filling procedures.
5. Keep all salary related information strictly confidential.
1. Work with the management to approve advance amount based on policies.
2. Calculate advance and distribute advance.
3. Liquidate advances
Maintain the appropriate documentation, receipts and customs declaration for all fixed assets purchased.
Ensure that all reporting requirements are met while implementing proper reporting procedures and maintaining quality. Reports include but not limited to daily reports, weekly performance report, monthly P&L report, annual financial reports and internal audits of the company books.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
This position requires 2 to 3 years proven work experience in finance field, BA/BS or better educational degree. Compensation is based on qualification and experience.