|Date Posted:||Oct 30, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Nov 12, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992
Quality Assurance, Monitoring and Compliance Unit (QAMCU)
Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Programme manager (CPM) and working closely with the Programme Management Officer (PMO), the Quality Assurance, Monitoring and Compliance Unit (QAMCU) manages the quality assurance function for all programme activities in accordance with the laid down policies, standard operating procedures (SOP) and practices. The Unit develops working relationships with management and stakeholders to improve risk management and internal controls and promote effectiveness and efficiency of operations for the UN-HABITAT Country Programme. Support the management of projects activities implemented through Community Implementation Agreements (CIAs) and Agreements of Cooperation (AOCs) by conducting assurance processes, including monitoring, recommendations and follow up. Supports programme managers and country office senior management in quality assurance/control and capacity development by bringing new methodologies, energy and insights, and overseeing the Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) module tool for project planning, review, implementation and monitoring. Closely working with programme and project colleagues and other units to ensure that quality assurance practices are applied at all levels, by collection of reliable, evidence-based accurate and coherent information to assess the performance of implementation of the projects.
Requires travel to provinces:
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Other skills: Advanced computer skills to develop and maintain monitoring tools and experience with operation of complex computerized information systems is required. Knowledge of UN rules and regulations related to programme and project implementation will be an added value.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To ensure the highest quality programme administration in the country office through the development, implementation and continuous quality improvement and enhancement to ensure that the laid down procedures are followed in achieving the desired results.
2. As member of the management team, contributes to new strategic initiatives, and to the continuous improvement of processes and methodologies.
3. Establishing and maintaining effective quality control over the activities and outputs of the Country Programme, to ensure that they conform to professional standards and SOPs and Policies.
4. Focal person for the Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) module tool for project planning, review, implementation and monitoring.
5. Administers and/or monitors quality assurance and process improvement activities of the projects.
6. Conducts formal internal quality assessments on a regular basis.
7. Develops templates and other tools.
8. Maintains the system to monitor disposition of audit results reported to management and identifies long-outstanding recommendations requiring management action.
9. Provide a systematic mechanism for facilitating the ongoing and closed projects identification of bottlenecks and possible actions for their resolutions.
10. Identify gaps, prepare and update follow up worksheet for PMO and CPM review and communication with concerned sections.
11. Produce monthly status reports, review process compliance gaps and follow up directly with concerned sections.
12. Monitors project and programme compliance with rules and regulations and donor reporting requirements, reviews project reports prior to dissemination.
13. Identifies, documents and shares lessons learned from evidence monitoring.
14. Supports in country office audits and donor verifications.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
a) Professionalism: Knowledge of administrative, project management and audit policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on organization. Always pursues continuous improvements. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Able to effectively analyse problems and demonstrate good judgment
b) Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings. Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
c) Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Possesses attention to detail with excellent follow-through. Able to multitask and adhere to strict multiple deadlines. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Education: An Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, project management, or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in business administration, project management, or related area.