|Date Posted:||Nov 3, 2018|
|Reference:||HMIS Database Developer|
|Closing Date:||Nov 15, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
The Database developer is responsible to assist the HMIS Department of the Ministry in the day to day management of the MOPH HMIS activities, ensures data integrity throughout the system, and timely and appropriate provision of information for decision making and reporting to the MOPH Departments and also support the HMIS, RBF, EPI, TBIS and Training Databases of the Ministry of Health (MoPH).
Provinces to travel:
. Advance knowledge of MS access program
. Experience teaching skills in access
. Knowledge of SQL server and .Net programming languages (C# and VBA).
. Excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
. Strong writing skills in English.
. Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist the MIS Manager in design, development, documentation and maintenance of the central and provincial databases, which includes HMIS, TBIS, EPI, RBF.
2. Develop and run database reporting routines for reporting to MOPH, World bank, USAID, LMG and other partners
3. Ensure timely collection synchronization and reports generation of the HMIS Analysis database to related departments in the ministry, NGOs and other partners on quarterly bases.
4. Ensure timely data verification of RBF with HMIS data and reports generation of the RBF Database to third party and HEFD.
5. Maintenance and trouble shouting of routine HMIS,RBF, EPI, TBIS and Training databases.
6. Build the capacity of the NGOs and PHO HMIS officers and their related counterpart at the Provincial Health Office to run a decentralized information flow for HMIS through formal training, and on-the-job training.(This activity requires an average of once a month field travel)
7. Update the provincial hubs, data entry and analysis version of HMIS database for grantees and provinces with most recent structure, data and procedure changes (this activity may require field travel).
8. Assist GCMU Grants and M&E Consultants in verification of HMIS data in NGO reports.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Having bachelor degree of computer science or equivalent in the field is preferred.
2. Having 3 years of work experience in the field of database development, including but not limited to developing and administration and experience of working in Afghanistan health management information system database is preferred.
3. Advance knowledge of MS access program
4. Experience teaching skills in access
5. Knowledge of SQL server and .Net programming languages (C# and VBA).
6. Excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
7. Strong writing skills in English.
8. Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto.
E. Expected Deliverables
1. Develop and maintain TBIS, EPI,DDR, RBF and Training Database
2. Develop tools for advance data analysis of TBIS, EPI, DDR, RBF and training database
3. Find bugs and solved in TBIS, EPI,DDR, RBF and Training Database
4. Provide training for both end users and data analysts