|Date Posted:||Nov 5, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Nov 17, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||1293 - 1293 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations. The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region. Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Under the supervision of the under the direct supervision of Medical Officer, Polio and over all guidance of the WR, Afghanistan, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
To provide a variety of secretarial/administrative work in support of project/programme activities.
To deliver WHO core functions at country level with a particular focus on the organization’s directing and coordinating role for international health as expressed in the Constitution. In this framework, specific activities include:
Support to the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies, and plans;
Development and management, at the country level, of the organization’s programme of technical cooperation and coordination of the organization’s activities with those of other bodies and with the Government’s National Health Programmes to this end.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Good knowledge of pertinent WHO procedures and established rules.
- Good drafting skills
- Good team work skills,
- Ability to deal with people of diverse backgrounds, Ability to work under pressure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide a full range of secretarial services, ensuring that deadlines are met and correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner. Type and edit technical reports, documents and presentations in accordance with WHO style, draft general correspondence on own initiative or upon instructions.
2. Receive, screen and process incoming correspondence and requests, obtaining and attaching background information and forward to the staff concerned; drawing their attention to specific issues/problems as necessary.
3. In close coordination with the Administration/Finance unit, process all requests related to programme activities, such as procurement of goods and services, DFC, APWs, Fellowships, consultants, etc, obtain necessary approvals and initiate action in GSM. Follow up with concerned parties the completion of deliverables and payments.
4. Make necessary arrangements for field visits and duty travel of team members, consultants and visiting missions, follow up on ticket and hotel reservations, security clearances, and initiate the travel requests in GSM.
5. Assist in organizing meetings, workshops and training activities, by typing documents and presentations, sending letters to participants, photocopying and preparing files, follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements. Provide secretarial support during meetings.
6. Screen and receive visitors and telephone calls, make appointments, answer queries of and/or redirect visitors and callers. Update and maintain records and reference files.
7. Replace support staff, and perform other related duties including provision of support to other areas of work and teams as required.
Achievement Activities Include:
- Efficient flow of information and filling system.
- Meet deadlines and timely respond to requests.
- Timely and accurate processing of requests from programmes and related GSM action.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz
Educations: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences of related field is an asset
Experience: At least three to four years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Languages: Fluency of spoken and written English and local language.
Screening of the candidates;
Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.