|Date Posted:||Nov 7, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Nov 15, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MAIL/Panj Amu:
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart. The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used. A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities. The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
Under the direct supervision of Senior Admin/HR and Logistic Manager, the Driver is responsible to work closely with CPMO colleagues and provide better service for project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
.1 Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel. Delivery and collect mail, documents and other items.
2. Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
4. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
5. Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
6. Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are considered in case of emergency.
7. Perform other relevant duties as required
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Primary School graduate and must have valid Afghan driving license.
2. At least 3-5 years driving work experience is required and skills in minor vehicle repair and having knowledge of first aids are an advantage.
3. Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
4. Fluency in Dari and Pashto is required
5. Ability to operate mobile telephones and handheld radios
6. Must having driving license