|Date Posted:||Nov 28, 2018|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Senior Institutional Reform Advisor to Minister|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking an Afghan national for the post of Senior Institutional reform advisor to the Minister. The Adviser will be responsible to the Minister of Mines and Petroleum and will work closely with other advisers and colleagues in the Ministry on a range of programs and activities in increasing capacity in theMoMP including: (1) Formulation and implementation of strategic approach towards good governance and institutional reform, (2) strengthened contract management and inspectorate functions in the MoMP, and (3) improved sustainable financial potential of Afghanistan's extractive industries.
Requires travel to provinces:
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and develop relationships at the highest level with government and industry.
Multi-task oriented individual, with strong organizational and coordination skills.
Strong problem solving skills and ability to work quickly and effectively to meet tight deadlines and work independently as well as part of a team of professional and technical personnel.
Strong focus on tact and discretion.
Judgment and decision-making ability
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Technical advice contributing to the formulation of strategic approaches and coordinated programmatic inputs towards good governance and embedded organizational capacity of MoMP
2. Strengthening capacity of contract management and inspectorate functions in the MoMP and providing recommendations on conflict and natural resource governance in Afghanistan.
3. Analyze and advice on policy and implementation options for reform along parameters of institutional structure, system, process, human resource and E-governance/ technology
4. Lead a policy review and gap analysis within MoMP in order to provide the ministry with a prioritized list of policies required for the extractive sector development in Afghanistan.
5. Support the development of MoMP's Strategic Plan and follow up the implementation extractive sector related development plans.
6. Design and to implement a proper / effective M&E system within MoMP to enable the Ministry monitors its progress against its plan.
7. Promoting good governance in all its aspects, including by ensuring the rule of law, improving the performance, efficiency and accountability of the extractive sector, and tackling corruption
8. Prepare an action plan to implement governance reform agenda along with timeline and guide/support the government to implement the action plan.
9. Advice on the improvement of administrative management, to develop better performance measures and coordinating mechanisms
10. Incorporate international best practices and lessons learnt on institutional reform and use them to inform implementation
11. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects
12. Performing any other tasks assigned by the minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Well-qualified professional with an accredited university degree from a reputable institution in Economics, Finance, or Business, Public Policy or any other related field. MA will be preferred.
Minimum of seven (7) years of broad governmental work experience with at least some experience in development and implementation of reform strategy, and a track record of increasing responsibilities and leadership.
Additional experience in NGOs or privates sector will be an advantage
Sound understanding of improved sector governance, sustainable hydrocarbon upstream, midstream and downstream development and capacity development within the sector.
Knowledge of corporate affairs, regulatory design and frameworks.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills – must be proficient in written and spoken Dari/ or Pashto and English.
Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills.
S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.