|Date Posted:||Dec 2, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 14, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Under the overall authority of the Deputy Minister of Literacy in the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Programme Coordination Committee Support for Adult Literacy in Afghanistan (SALA) the incumbent will work closely Deputy Ministry of Education for Literacy.
Provinces to travel:
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and email programme;
- Ability to work independently on delegated tasks.
- Excellent skills in preparing plans for organizations/department/project/programme and responsibility of managing financial, HR and technical fields;
- Ability of managing and liaison with external partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare documents in the technical fields and to represent in high level meetings.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Dari, and/or Pashto
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the planning and implementation of all activities related to literacy and non formal education in the Literacy Department.
2. Conduct capacity development trainings for LD staffs in related technical fields.
3. To prepare work plan; weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual for the office of the DM, providing the overall status of literacy prorgrammes.
4. Review all documents related to Non-Formal Education in Afghanistan, such as: National Literacy Strategic Plan, Third National Education Strategic Plan (NESP III), Operational Plans and All National and International Important documents related Adult Education.
5. Establish a comprehensive information center related to literacy and adult education affairs, with all relevant national and international documents.
6. To prepare and update all strategies, plans and programs, procedures and practices in the field of adult education, lifelong learning, environmental and social education and non-formal education in accordance with the laws of the country, international commitments and conventions such as: SDG4, ESD, A / NFE , UIL IIIP and other related organs in the above mentioned.
7. To develop and establish effective cooperation mechanism with all national and international partners, governmental and non-governmental agencies, in particular with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Global major educational Institutions and institutes in the field of non-formal education of Afghanistan.
8. To prepare and development of programs, projects and technical proposals in different fields and the necessity of conducting non-formal education in Afghanistan with the modern methods of regional and international standards.
9. To create technical opportunities for participation of Literacy Department (LD) staff in national level, regional and international meetings and conferences related to non-formal education.
10. To provide useful and technical advice on basic changes and organizational structure to Literacy Department, in cooperation with relevant agencies, in particular with the Administrative Reform Commission of Afghanistan.
11. To establish good relations and useful co-ordination to coherent programs and activities with UNESCO and other National and International stakeholders, definition of common areas of work with Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Ministry of Women Affairs, Ministry of Rural and Rehabilitation Development, National Citizen Charter Program and Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission in women impairment through literacy with vocational. And also creation and standardization of small business opportunities through literacy and vocational training.
12. To provide and creating mechanisms for both internal and external workshops, seminars and training courses in order to improve the staff capacity building.
13. Technical cooperation on the establishment of a regular framework and flexible education curriculum in the field of adult education and non-formal education in Afghanistan.
14. To prepare credible and necessary reports and documents from all and programs activities in order to present to Government highest authorities, and preparation of necessary pretentions for H.E Deputy Minister of Literacy Department to present in national and international seminars and conferences.
15. And all other necessary task assigned to him/her by the DM, Literacy Department, Ministry of Education.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- At least Master’s Degree or equivalent in Education, Adult and Continuing Education, Education Planning and Management or any other related social science or having A bachelor’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of working experience in education development with Governmental and international organization. Preferably in adult literacy and Non-formal education.
- Previous experience in development of organizational strategies and implement them across sector/sub sector or project.