|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 12, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Planning and implementation of enterprise and marketing project interventions; providing enterprise and marketing trainings, expertise, guidance and support to the project beneficiaries and savings groups.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Replace one core team member of the Families’ Empowerment project during her 3-month maternity leave. As such there is no clear beginning and end of activities, but the candidate will be expected to engage in and support with the following:
1. Establishment of savings groups and facilitation of election of group leaders
2. Conducting capacity building sessions for savings group leaders and members on group management, enterprise development, civic leadership and women’s empowerment.
3. Preparation for vocational skills training for project beneficiaries and supervision of vocational trainers.
4. Facilitating the distribution of project materials to savings groups.
5. Creating and promoting a savings, entrepreneurial and joint production culture among the project participants.
6. Organising and participating in a project experience sharing workshop at the district level.
7. Monitor all enterprise & marketing project activities and make recommendations for modification, improvement and introduction of new activities.
8. Coordination and communicating with other team members and continuous liaison with provincial stakeholders regarding enterprise-related project progress or other related issues.
9. Facilitation of any visits by internal or external stakeholders to monitor the project implementation.
10. Keeping appropriate records for collecting the evidence of project implementation: attendance sheets, distribution lists, training needs assessment records, pre-, post-tests, etc.
11. Supporting any surveys conducted by head office staff.
12. Perform any other duties as required.
The candidate will also have to make sure that the project enterprise programme is implemented in accordance with Afghanaid standards, policies, and procedures, and that commitments to the donor, communities and other programme partners are fulfilled in a professional and timely manner.
The final selected candidate will be remunerated according to Afghanaid’s salary scale and depending upon previous experience. The monthly salary paid accordance to Afghanaid policy end of the each month through the Bank or Hawala system.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghowr
Education/ training University Degree or diploma in enterprise development, business management, marketing or related field Master’s Degree
Work Experience Minimum three years of experience in a similar capacity
Proven experience in assessing training needs and building the capacity of a mixture of literate and illiterate project participants Experience and knowledge in small enterprise development
Professional Skills and Competencies
Dependable professional with strong organisational and coordination skills, initiative, judgment and adaptability with significant levels of autonomy
Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines; results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities
Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development; ability to convert lessons learnt and experiences gained from delivering trainings in the field to improving the training approach;
Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Dari, and Uzbek in the case of Samangan;
Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable women with focus on their economic and social empowerment.
Knowledge and skills in basic computing
Working knowledge in English
Values and attitude
Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team
A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
Understanding and knowledge of Islamic perspective on women’s rights and strong understanding of the local context
Responsible, committed and honest in his/her work
Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations. Flexible, dynamic, ability to multitask