|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 14, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart. The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used. A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities. The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The senior Finance Manager is responsible for the management of project accounts in accordance with the requirements of WB. She/he will report directly to the Project Manager and will work in close collaboration with his or her counterparts at WB, MAIL and MoF.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Dari/ Pashto.
2. Able to use Microsoft Office, proficiency in excel and Quick Books is preferred.
3. Should have problem solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operating within a computerized environment, the Senior Finance Manager will perform the following duties:
1. Manage the computerized accounting system and ensure daily backup
2. Report on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, identifying areas of divergence from projected cash flows;
3. Implement robust internal financial control systems and policies to minimize the risks of fraud or errors in the financial statements and misuse of donors‟ funds;
4. Reviewing and signing monthly bank reconciliation statements;
5. Approval of the monthly payroll;
6. Review petty cash reconciliation and cash count sheet
7. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of Statement of Expenditures;
Produce monthly, quarterly and semiannual reports
8. Ensure timely audit of the project accounts in accordance to the international standards of the independent audit, and facilitate both internal and external audits.
9. Maintain financial records such as expenditures, travel arrangements, purchases, and delivery of equipments, supplies, and inventory;
10. Ensure compliance with operating procedures as defined in the project documents including donor guidelines, for examples, procurement, disbursements and audit;
11. Coordinate and consolidate the budgetary information required for the preparation of Annual Work Plans and Budgets;
12. Review of withdrawal applications and ensure that withdrawal applications are as per provisions of the grant agreement.
13. Keep accurate and up-to-date records and documents in respect of all resources received by the project and any expenditure incurred with the funds made available;
14. Prepare quarterly consolidated statements of project accounts.
15. Ensure that all expenditures are in conformity with provisions of the project’s work plans and budgets;
Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day financial matters;
16. Undertake any other duties within her/his area of competence as assigned by the Project Manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. The candidate must have (BA) degree in relevant field preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Accounting
2. 7 years of working experience in Financial Management with Minimum of 4 years of working experience in World Bank funded Projects.