|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
Provinces to travel:
A successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
Planning and organizing
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Advanced cross-cultural communication skills;
High-level drafting and communication capacity in English, Dari and Pashto, written and oral;
Excellent understanding of key aspects of education policy and practice in Afghanistan;
Excellent time management skills
Significant sensitivity and adaptability (cultural, gender, religion, race and nationality);
Highly competent computer and other IT skills;
Excellent independent working skills with a desire for life-long learning.
Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto is an essential requirement, written and oral.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the delivery of technical, consultation and working meetings, workshops and events, including interpretation and co-delivery of content;
2. Translate documents and feedback provided by Ministry of Education from Dari/Pashto into English;
3. Translate documents and feedback provided by international experts from English into Dari/Pashto;
4. Translate the compiled and reviewed competences and other material relating to the curriculum program from Dari/Pashto into English;
5. Translate the final drafts of curriculum materials and all developed instructional materials into English from Dari/Pashto, and vice versa as deemed necessary by supervisors; and
6. Any other duties assigned by the Chief of Education.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Primary expertise required
An exceptionally strong command of Dari, Pashto and English, written and oral
Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and familiarity with education-related terms is a strong asset.
University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in education, social sciences, development studies or related area.
At least three years of professional work experience relating to high-level translation, including ministerial and UN documents
Previous working experience in education in the government or international development cooperation sectors an asset.