|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
Title: Consultant (Curriculum Reform)
Post Number: KAB/ED/Const/18/12/02
Duty Station: Kabul, Afghanistan
Type of contract: Consultant
Annual salary: Based on the organization’s salary scale
Duration of the contract: Three months (with possibility of extension)
Deadline (midnight, Paris time):
Application to be sent to: 16/Dec/2018
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Lead development, refinement and implementation of curriculum reform program work plans.
2. Support the overall coordination of the curriculum reform program by liaising with the main government counterparts to implement program activities in a high-quality and timely manner.
3. Ensure regular communication and consultation with national and international stakeholders (eg. Ministry of Education, UNICEF, SIDA and UNESCO HQ). Oversee the organization of seminars, national conferences, consultation meetings and other activities in line with approved curriculum reform program work plans.
4. Work with Chief of the Education Unit to liaise with international partners such as UNICEF and other UN entities, the World Bank, SIDA, and NGOs, on matters relating to curriculum reform.
5. Monitor the implementation of the curriculum reform program work plans and prepare budget revisions as necessary.
6. Analyze, edit and compile other documentation and prepare briefing papers, website articles, and reports to stakeholders and donors and for internal use, particularly with a view to making strategic decisions and adding technical value and input to program activities.
1. Develop detailed work plan and budget for curriculum reform program for 2019.
2. Plan High Level Technical Workshop on Syllabi Reform for Ministry of Education General Curriculum Division.
3. Plan socialization pilot of Curriculum Framework documents and field mission to Herat (or similar location).
1. Submission of detailed work plan document and budget.
2. Implementation plan, program outline and report on workshop.
3. Completed field report outlining recommendations for next phase of socialization of curriculum reform documents.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
A successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
Planning and organizing
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
For detailed information please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework
An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in education and/or business administration.
Advanced cross-cultural communication skills
High-level drafting and communication capacity in English
Previous experience working in Afghanistan is a strong asset.
At least 5 years’ of relevant work experience in education and project management, acquired at national and international levels, preferably related to education policy and planning
At least 5 years’ experience in senior-level government liaison and representation in international contexts
Senior-level project planning in education contexts
Experience in working in a post-conflict and post disaster (PCPD) context and a clear understanding of development work, particularly of capacity development
Previous experience with UN agencies and understanding of the UN system, including its administrative procedures, would be an asset. Previous experience in a curriculum-related program is an advantage
Excellent understanding of school-level curriculum systems, policies, planning and capacity development in Afghanistan
Proven analytical and report writing skills, development of concept notes, work programs and budgets.