|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Provinces to travel:
A successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
Planning and organizing
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
For detailed information please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical advice/presentations to the Curriculum Working Group (comprised of key stakeholders to the process of curriculum reform) throughout the assignment.
2. Develop technical documents, including literature reviews, workshops, handbooks, guidelines for technical working groups, high level meetings and workshops
3. Support the MOE to complete Curriculum Framework and Afghan Life Competency Framework.
4. Develop workshop and all materials for a High Level Technical Working Group on Subject Syllabi Reform with the curriculum division staff for completion of subject syllabi
5. Ensure the deliverables produced in accordance with the duties and responsibilities specified in 2) and 3) are aligned with the proposal for Curriculum Reform submitted by UNESCO to the MoE, and the NESP III.
6. Organize and co-facilitate workshops and consultations with MoE and stakeholders as required.
7. Consult closely with MoE and key stakeholders at each stage of the assignment. All deliverables will be presented to MoE and relevant stakeholders (e.g. the Curriculum Working Group)
1. Develop technical content for High Level Technical Workshop on Syllabi Reform with international subject specialists.
2. Co-deliver eight-day High Level Technical Workshop on Subject Syllabi Reform. Assist in familiarisation of international subject specialists with regard to Afghanistan education context and curriculum reform program to date.
3. Work with international subject specialists to quality assure subject syllabi in line with curriculum reform work program.
1. Workshop materials (including PowerPoints) and handbook for participants for High Level Technical Workshop on Syllabi Reform.
2. Develop and share briefing document for international subject specialists
3. Concise and practical summary report outlining next steps for finalization of all subject syllabi.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Advanced university degree in education (eg. MEd, MA), preferably with a focus on curriculum studies and/or education reform
Advanced cross-cultural communication skills
Expertise in a specific subject area an advantage (eg. Maths, Science, Arts, Social Science, ICT, English)
High-level drafting and communication capacity in English.
At least 10 years of relevant work experience in education, with a significant component of this experience acquired in school-level curriculum-related fields
Up-to-date student-centered teaching and learning experience
Current experience in school-level education reform in Asia is an asset
At least 10 years’ experience in designing workshops and instructional materials including for Ministry of Education, departments of education and universities, teacher training colleges and teachers
Experience in school-level curriculum/textbook development educational consultancy or school-level development work at the international level is strongly preferred
Excellent facilitation and representation skills at technical working groups and consultation meetings
Excellent analytical and report writing skills.