|Date Posted:||Dec 8, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Dec 11, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Statistics and Information Authority:
Background National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) was established in year 1351 as an independent governmental administration to create an integrated scientific system for statistics, ensuring harmonization and coordination of all statistical and information management activities of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, NSIA conducts population census and national statistical surveys and coordinates with partners including government institutions, international development partners, non-governmental organizations, research institutions and agencies other than state to prevent duplication of information and statistics. NSIA collaborates with national government agencies in collection, compilation and publication of statistical information including data and statistics derived from their activities. Also NSIA independently collects, compiles, analyses and publishes national commercial, financial, social, economic, environmental, information technology and in general the living condition of Afghan nation. National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) supports and promotes the development of integrated social and economic statistics nationwide. NSIA also provides technical support to other agencies and facilitates standard procedures for conducting research such as sampling frames. To fulfil the requirement and need of modern statistical demands, NSIA is mandated to introduce reforms in the area of organizational development. NSIA coordinates and collaborates with partner agencies to establish standards and framework for unified data and information management. Currently on-going efforts are underway to further strengthen NSIAs institutional capacity to adapt and utilize organizational development best-practices to adapt to fast-changing and required growth of NSIA. The National Geo-Informatics Center in Afghanistan is responsible for national level of Geo-Spatial activities, developing policies, Geo-Spatial standards, and the sustainable use of its extensive natural resources. In order to make informed decisions, the policy makers, technicians, scientists and others need timely and authoritative data and the means to analyze and understand this information and the conditions, trends and other insights it can Bring. Most of the Geo spatial data that exists in Afghanistan is scattered across many organizations within the government, United Nations agencies and many other government, non-government and international organizations. The government has recognized the need to address this issue and has established a National Geo-Informatics Centre (NGIC) program within the Central Statistical Organization. Based on the decree No (656), 2018 of His Excellency President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the GIS Coordination Deputy President General office was established. Currently the GIS is one of the important departments of NSIA. The National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) is the leading national geo spatial science organization with a focus on both public good science for government and geo-scientific research to understand earth and environmental processes. To have harmonize, consistent and fair pay framework for all NTA in the country, to assure fiscal sustainability up to possible extend, to increase government control over deliverables of National Technical Assistance (NTA) including but not limited to strengthening the government ability to hire national contractors though the national budget of the country and to avoid competition with CBR and assuring transparency and accountability; NSIA is committed to hire below position based on NTA salary scale.
Information Security Officer will work in close collaboration with Senior Information Security Analyst in the system development and information management unit. The incumbent will assist NSIA in securing the information technology infrastructure and information assets.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Ability to meet deadlines; work under pressure, good negotiation and organizational skills.
2. Good analytical and problem solving skills, excellent client-facing skills.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari.
4. Familiar with security regulations and standards, information security policies and procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
KEY TASKS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The recruited incumbent will support the work of NSIA and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Protect data software and hardware by coordinating planning and implementing network security measures.
2. Maintain configuring and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
3. Work with other IT groups/teams of NSIA to support, align, coordinate and training activities.
4. Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including systems software applications software hardware and configurations.
5. Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
6. Monitor network performance and network security to determine if any adjustments are needed to be made.
7. Monitor and mitigate the risk arising from all IT-related areas in the NSIA’s operations.
8. Work closely with IT Management to help them manage the identified risks.
9. Design, configure and test networking software computer hardware and operating system software for enhanced security.
10. Provide support, capacity building and training in the domain of IT Security to the NSIA’s employees with a view to inculcate risk and raise awareness within the NSIA’s operational areas.
11. Assist in developing the technical capacity of relevant units in NSIA to support knowledge and skills transfer.
12. Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
13. Any other task assigned by the Line Manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. A Bachelor / Master degree in computer science/information technology with 1 - 3 years of relevant experience.
2. Certification in CCNA Security, EC-Council CEH, CompTIA Security+ will be preferred.
3. Must have strong knowledge of information gathering tools, different penetration testing operating systems, packet analysis applications, and other security related tools.
4. Demonstrated experience in investigating security issues related to Internet, server, desktop, laptop, tablet and other mobile devices; OS patching, hardening and different Antivirus technologies