|Date Posted:||Dec 11, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jan 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.):
Exchangerzone, Inc. is the Afghanistan first and largest foreign exchange and remittance specialists, microfinance institution, and financial services company founded by Investone Corps. Inc. in Kabul. Investone Corps, Inc. is a holding company founded by States Corps Engineering which has office in Virginia, USA, and other countries of the region. The company is duly registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (ASIA), De Afghanistan Bank (DAB), Microfinance Investment Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and Ministry of Finance (MOF). We are the first company in Afghanistan outside the banking industry to offer specialist currency, microfinance, banking, investment, and financial services. Our main businesses are bureau of exchange, issuing debit, credit and prepaid credit cards, money transfer, international payments, ATMS, Microfinance Services, investment products & services, travel insurance & services, banking and other financial services. Exchangerzone is dedicated to focus on serving the comprehensive needs of individuals and businesses with high quality and value pricing. The company with a core staff of experienced national and international professionals and an expert team approaches to most financial services and projects within and outside Afghanistan.
Based in the Kabul, the incumbent will be the Chief Operations Officer (COO) of Arya Pool and will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He/she will direct, administer, and coordinate the internal operational activities of the Arya Pool in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board of Directors and Board of Supervisors. He/she will be responsible to manage the entire operations of Arya Pool , Arya Pool operations classified into three separate divisions i.e. The financial division(currency exchange, remittance and other financial services), the investment division and the microfinance division. The COO will be responsible for overall operations of the Arya Pool ,He/she will assist the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Arya Pool ,the Chief Operations Officer (COO) will be responsible for achieving the following objectives and will have the following responsibilities:
Requires travel to provinces:
Strong microfinance experience
Strong knowledge of Afghanistan banking and microfinance industry
Good IT & Computing knowledge
Honest, committed, hardworking and open to learn.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implement a 5 year strategic plan to increasing the outreach of Arya Pool ,through the opening of branches, growth of the existing branches once opened and development of new products with the close cooperation of Chief Business Development Officer of Arya Pool.
2. Eventually, lead the transformation of Arya Pool into a leading financial company.
1. Modify/refine the existing products with consultation of CEO and Business Development;
2. Develop new products with cooperation of CEO and Business Development;
3. Evaluate the success of the products launched.
1. Manage all the four divisions of Arya Pool.
2. Supervise the branch managers, assistant managers, tellers, CSO and Loan Officers and provide them with adequate support to make sure that collections are always on time and that the quality of the portfolio remains excellent;
3. Lead the delinquency management strategy, including legal actions against customers and employee when appropriate;
4. Analyze the portfolio on regular basis and make sure it is highly productive and efficient;
1. Recruit qualified and competent operational employees;
2. Provide effective training to all employees based on international best practices with the help of HR, set-up an effective training department.
3. Create job satisfaction and motivating staff through various motivational mechanisms, such as:
(Creating effective bonus system for staff, especially for loan officers, encourage with word and deeds the participation and creativity of the staff in matters related to improving the effectiveness of the organization and their job performance and job satisfaction, career development, training and staff development plans, strengthen the “sense of team and commitment to the mission” within the organization, conduct performance evaluations of the staff reporting to him/her and verify that the supervisory personnel also perform evaluations of their staff in a timely manner according to established procedures).
IMPROVEMENT OF OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES AND COMPLIANCE:
1. Continuously improve the procedures of the Arya Pool.
2. Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise;
3. Prepare new procedures when launching new products or other services;
4. Organizing efficient and safe front office and back office procedures, including but not limited to (marketing & client acquisition, safe cash management;
5. All kinds of documents, manuals, procedures and regulation implementation;
6. Ensure compliance of Arya Pool activities with the charter/bylaws, with policies, procedures, plans and agreements, with decisions of governing bodies and regulatory agencies of Afghanistan;
7. Insures that all activities and operations are performed 100% in compliance with the internal laws, rules and regulations and regulatory agencies of Afghanistan.
PLANNING, MONITORING AND REPORTING:
1. Together with the CEO and the CFO, direct the preparation of the operations plan and budget;
2. Develop and implement adequate performance reporting;
3. Monitor the implementation of operational, financial and institutional development plans;
GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF Arya Pool:
1. Being an executive committee member of Arya Pool, participate in general management as defined by the charter and the regulation on management team and executive management committee;
2. Be informed of all important activities and development related to Arya Pool,
3. Keep all management member and branches informed about the new updates;
4. Present the relevant operations related issues with the management;
5. Participate in decision making related to branches, operations and non-operations activities.
1. The COO supervises the services department, and is in charge of the quality and deadlines of services delivered. He/she is in charge of the overall planning for the right delivery of services;
2. Ensure quality customer care.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
This position manages the senior executive team and is responsible for the performance management and input regarding hiring of senior-level management.
An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
This position will report to CEO of Arya Pool.
1. Master in Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in Banking and Finance or Investment, Master in Commerce (M.COM), Master in Economics (MA), or related degrees PhD holders will be proffered.
2. Five years of experience in Afghan banking and microfinance sector.
3. Extra diploma in credit management, risk management, microfinance or operations management is an advantage.
8 years of professional experience with international or national organizations. Private sectors experience especially in banking or finance is highly desirable.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.