|Date Posted:||Dec 11, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Jan 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.):
Exchangerzone, Inc. is the Afghanistan first and largest foreign exchange and remittance specialists, microfinance institution, and financial services company founded by Investone Corps. Inc. in Kabul. Investone Corps, Inc. is a holding company founded by States Corps Engineering which has office in Virginia, USA, and other countries of the region. The company is duly registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (ASIA), De Afghanistan Bank (DAB), Microfinance Investment Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and Ministry of Finance (MOF). We are the first company in Afghanistan outside the banking industry to offer specialist currency, microfinance, banking, investment, and financial services. Our main businesses are bureau of exchange, issuing debit, credit and prepaid credit cards, money transfer, international payments, ATMS, Microfinance Services, investment products & services, travel insurance & services, banking and other financial services. Exchangerzone is dedicated to focus on serving the comprehensive needs of individuals and businesses with high quality and value pricing. The company with a core staff of experienced national and international professionals and an expert team approaches to most financial services and projects within and outside Afghanistan.
Chief compliance officer is the head of Compliance department for Arya Pool. He/she is responsible to providing legal opinions, monitor the progress of ongoing Arya Pool lawsuits (if any), draft agreements and pursue legal cases to support the effective management of legal requirements. The role comprises of legal advising and compliance activities. From one side the legal advisor will be the authority to provide legal services to Arya Pool, from other side the position is responsible for all the compliance with afghan and foreign governmental agencies. This is to make sure everything Arya Pool does is according to rules, regulations and laws of respective countries. As a Chief compliance officer he/she oversees the corporate compliance program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. He/she ensures the board of directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s standards of conduct.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other latest technologies deemed appropriate.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Provinces to travel:
. Good command of English Pashto and Dari language.
2. Communicating effectively
3. Report writing skills
4. Negotiation skills
5. Time Management.
6. Analytically thinking skills
7. Rational decision making skills
8. Effective management skills
9. Team building and leadership skills
10. Planning and organizing skills.
11. Taking initiatives Effective leadership skills with demonstrable sharing of best practices.
12. Sincere integrity and ethics which builds trustworthy relationships internally and externally with an unspoken commitment to follow-up and follow through
13. Proven communications skills for writing, speaking and presentation.
14. Conveys a professional, polished image and the highest of professional ethics while maintaining a strong company attitude
15. Key traits and characteristics include high energy, empathic, transparent, consultative, thick skinned, hungry to succeed, strong commercial skills, strong domain knowledge and a strong personal contact network
Demonstrates strong knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and MS. Project, MS-Outlook
Good knowledge of internet
Duties & Responsibilities:
ESSENTIALS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Initiate out of court settlements wherever appropriate and interact in negotiation process.
2. Analyze all potential lawsuits (if any), recommend and decide on the best course of action to be taken by Arya Pool to obtain maximum commercial advantage.
3. Represent an initial written statement of defense to external lawyer supporting Arya Pool’s view for the successful pursuit of court cases.
4. Manage the outsourcing of legal work; discuss and negotiate contracts’ terms, select and appoint the appropriate lawyer.
5. Follow up court cases’ progress to expedite litigation processes.
6. Periodically review the status of court cases to decide the worth of pursuing those cases. Present executive summary of the court findings.
7. Efficient follow-up of cases at execution to ensure timely completion.
8. Provide strategy for critical cases of default or dispute to achieve maximum equitable return for Arya Pool.
9. Provide legal advice, opinion, review documents (i.e. correlated to Aryapool products and services including guarantees, credit facilities, IT contracts etc).
10. Manage and organize the activities of junior/ trainee legal advisors (if any) in the department and help to enhance work performance.
11. Conduct legal researches and studies.
12. Any other Legal issues as advised by the managing director of Arya Pool.
13. Develops initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the program.
14. Develops and periodically reviews and updates standards of conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
15. Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
16. Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
17. Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
18. Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
19. Any other compliance issues as advised by the managing director of Arya Pool.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. The position also requires travel to provinces and outside countries.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) from a recognized and well regarded university with 4-6 years of experience. An extra diploma or degree in business law will be a strong advantage.
2. PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Master Degree in Legislative Law (LLM) from a recognized and well regarded university with 8-10 years of experience. An extra diploma or degree in business law will be a strong advantage.
8 -10 years of legal experience preferably in banking industry or other financial institution in Afghanistan.
4-6 years of legal experience preferably in banking industry or other financial institutions in Afghanistan.
Good knowledge of court proceeding and litigation processes is essential
Good knowledge of all relevant laws/legal provisions relation to the financial intuitions business.
Understanding of financial institutions concepts and procedures
Good knowledge of Afghan and international civil and business laws
Good knowledge of international organizations such as WTO etc.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.