|Date Posted:||Jan 2, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/APA/Senior Legal Advisor to Legal Services Directorate|
|Closing Date:||Jan 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking an Afghan national for the post of Senior Legal Adviser to the Legal Services Directorate. The Senior Legal Advisor will be responsible to the Legal Services Directorate and will work closely with other advisers in the Legal Services Directorate and colleagues in the Ministry.
Requires travel to provinces:
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Organizational and planning skills.
Information gathering and monitoring skills.
Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
Judgment and decision-making ability.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan on Legal Advisory based on job description.
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to legal issues affecting the extractive industries in Afghanistan.
3. Active contribution in the drafting and revision of laws, regulations and other legal documents.
4. Legal analysis of the mining and hydrocarbons projects, processes and contracts, and provide recommendations.
5. Review all documents, applications and issues bearing legal aspects.
6. Represent the Legal Services Directorate in dispute resolution processes, negotiations and other relevant day to day tasks.
7. Undertake assigned research relating to the mining and hydrocarbons legal framework.
8. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry directorates on a variety of mining and hydrocarbon projects.
9. Perform any other tasks assigned by the Director on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of the Ministry.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor Degree in Law. Masters in Law particularly commercial law, business law, international trade law, international investment law would be a plus and preferred.
Work experience in or outside Afghanistan.
At least 5 years’ experience in the application of law in the public or private sector for Master and 7 years for bachelor.
S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills.
S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.