|Date Posted:||Jan 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan based national NGO operating in the Western Region of Afghanistan. VWO is striving to utilize the international assistance in the best interest of the Afghan communities through projects in various sectors, especially in approaching women rights and women empowerment in the society.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for addressing issues related to ensuring the VWO Projects’ Compliance Audit mandate are fully incorporated into the VWO QH and 4 provinces’ program. The Audit Compliance Officer works under the supervision of the Executive Director and is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based audit compliance in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit compliance matters and projects. The audit compliance officer plays a key role in the projects’ overall audit compliance function to provide permanent quality assurance of internal control system by operating as an independent structure within the organization. This function’s primary objective is to guarantee compliance with VWO and Donors’ financial management standards and procurement rules and regulation within the Afghanistan working environment.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plan, organize and carry out the annual internal audit plan, including the design of individual audit plan for specific target areas.
2. Verify compliance with policies and procedures for the safeguarding of assets.
3. Apply appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed to ensure that key control is tested and all significant risk is addressed.
4. Identify and evaluate areas for potential improvement in processes and controls while ensuring that all work adds value to the projects.
5. Prepare audit working paper.
6. Develop and discuss findings, agreed on recommendations, and timelines for corrective action with responsible area of operation audited.
7. Prepare draft audit report for review and formulates appropriate conclusions regarding the adequacy of internal control and procedures based on the work performed and knowledge of other operation in the projects.
8. Interact with all levels of management and projects’ employees; convey audit findings persuasively and confidently in meeting with local staff.
9. Monitor the implementation status of agreed audit and compliance recommendation.
10. Contribute to the efficient and effective use of VWO and Donors resources by assisting management in educating staff on issues of ethics, code of conduct, and sue of the VWO Hotline when appropriate.
11. Conduct reviews and tasks requested by Executive Director provided that reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objective of the audit compliance functions.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
(ACCA, part qualified or member )BBA, Bachelor in Economics or other related field, Master degree is desired.
3 to 5 years in compliance or audit
Excellent communication and analytical skills
Attention to details
Having excellent oral and written communication skills in Dari/Persian and English
Ability to work with M.S. Office Suite specially Excel Spreadsheet & Outlook, Internet browsing and QuickBooks knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
Possess initiative and ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision