|Date Posted:||Jan 5, 2019|
|Reference:||Geo-chemical Analysis Expert AGS/PSU/MoMP|
|Closing Date:||Jan 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Geo-chemical Analysis Expert is responsible to conduct the geo-chemical analysis of rocks for all the samples brought by AGS field geologists or other stockholders. He/She is responsible for interpreting the analysis provide a professional standard report acceptable for internal and external stockholders
Requires travel to provinces:
The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups
The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required
The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct chemical and physical analysis to assist, collect qualitative and quantitative data of solids and liquids materials to identify the types of mineral, rocks and water.
2. Compile and interpret chemical data results of tests and analyses.
3. Provide technical support and assistance to geo-chemists and geologists.
4. Cooperate and supervise the performances and activities of chemical analysis (e.g. XRF, Spectrometer, Atomic Absorption Spectrometer, Photo spectrometer and etc.).
5. Maintain and if possible calibrate laboratory instruments and equipment.
6. Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results.
7. Geochemical analysis expert is responsible for standard Geochemical sample preparation in order to have a reliable data result.
8. Supervise and monitor workers to solve the problem of the organization.
9. The geochemical analysis expert is responsible for all chemical related activities in lab.
10. The geochemical analysis expert should provide training for the lab staff in all abovementioned tasks.
11. Coordinate with procurement office in order to provide the consumable material and other laboratory necessities.
12. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual plan and action plans for the abovementioned tasks.
13. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
The Developer will report to AGS Laboratory directorate.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor Degree in Geochemistry or related field or Master Degree in Geology or geochemistry strongly preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working on Geochemistry.
Able to work with geo-chemical analysis machine.
Ability of training processes and techniques.
Maintaining an established work schedule.
Must have good organizational and planning skill.
Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.