|Date Posted:||Jan 5, 2019|
|Reference:||Petrographic Analysis Expert/AGS/PSU/MoMP|
|Closing Date:||Jan 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Petrographic Analysis Expert is responsible to conduct the Rock petrography and mineralogy analysis for all the samples brought by AGS field geologists or other stockholders. He/She is responsible for interpreting the analysis provide a professional standard report acceptable for internal and external stockholders
Requires travel to provinces:
The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups
The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required
The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage and lead the petrographic and mineralogical analysis of rocks in order to provide qualitative descriptions of texture, mineralogy, grain size of rock samples.
2. Controlling and registration of rock samples in the laboratory database.
3. Cooperation with other directorate and department on identification of minerals and rocks samples.
4. Supervision on work process of thin section preparation in order to have a standard and acceptable petrographic analysis of thin section.
5. Able to rise wariness on lab safety and anti-contamination regulation.
6. Control and supervise the maintenance and take care of lab equipment’s.
7. Provide technical advice to solve the problem of laboratory directorate.
8. The petrographic analysis expert is responsible of all task that given from top management in accordance with the rules and regulations of the organization.
9. The petrographic analysis expert is responsible for all petrographic and mineralogical related activities.
10. Coordinate with procurement office in order to provide the consumable material and other laboratory necessities.
11. The petrographic analysis expert should provide training for the lab staff in all above mentioned tasks.
12. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual plan and action plans for the above mentioned tasks.
13. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
The Developer will report to AGS Laboratory directorate.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor Degree in Geology or related field or Master Degree in Geology is strongly preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working on Petrography and Mineralogy.
Able to work with petrographic microscope and other petrographic equipment’s.
Ability of training processes and techniques.
Maintaining an established work schedule.
Must have good organizational and planning skill.
Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.