|Date Posted:||Jan 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About I Engineering Group:
provide end-to-end engineering infrastructure solutions to the telecommunications and power industries across Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Employing a dynamic and personal approach, we have grown rapidly since our inception in 2007 to reach 18 operations with 1,500 employees. We integrate our core competencies with our clients’ businesses to provide cost-effective solutions that allow our clients to succeed in their business goals. Our vision Become the leading provider of managed services to the telecom industry in Africa and the Mideast, seamlessly integrating our core competencies with our customers’ businesses, and providing cost effective solutions. Our Mission We strive to be clients’ preferred telecoms infrastructure services partner providing solutions in line with constantly changing market needs.
Based in Kabul- Head Office
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Office (Word and Excel).
2. Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
3. Good Competence in Written and Spoken English is required and Capable of typing in Dari or Pashto.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
5. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensures the implementation and maintenance of the company’s Management System (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001).
2. Makes suggestions with regards to the procedures and standards to enhance efficiency at work and improve product/service quality.
3. Ensures the internal audits are being conducted according to the approved audit planners.
4. Ensures the Management Reviews are planned as per the guidelines of the Management Review procedure.
5. Collects the Client Feedback Forms from the operations and ensures the Client Satisfaction ratio meets the objective.
6. Ensures that the Country Heads/Projects Heads/MS Heads are handling the Client Complaints and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
7. Assists the Group QHSE Supervisor in the administrative work.
8. Fulfill documentation and reporting requirements for the Integrated Management program.
9. Ensures the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are being filled on time and corrective actions are implemented where needed.
10. Assists the Group QHSE Supervisor in developing and maintaining the quality, environment and OH&S procedures and work instructions.
11. Submits a weekly report to the Group QHSE Supervisor summarizing completed, current and planned activities.
12. Coordinates the activities of the various sections (procedures development, updates, etc.).
13. Compiles and maintains reports and records for the IMS.
14. Accompanies the external auditor to the different operations if needed.
15. Revises and suggests regularly the safety instructions, the guidelines and the policies.
16. Assists the QHSE Representatives in conducting and coordinating safety training programs as necessary to ensure employees follow the QHSE standards.
17. Conducts in coordination with the QHSE Representatives regular inspections to assess environmental health and safety plan adherence as well as identify potential hazards and risks and ensures safe work practices are being followed.
18. Communicates and documents corrective actions.
19. Demonstrates problem solving, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar field.
2. Ability and willingness to travel.
3. An aptitude for exercising independent thinking and reasoning.
4. The ability to communicate in written and oral formats with diplomacy and tact.
5. Presentation and communication skills.