|Date Posted:||Jan 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||51200 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting a Mobility Specialist for a post to reinforce the pool of recruitment.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Ensure the support and response of project inquiries and demands (1st line response) for the entire Afghanistan mission as defined by the Front Office Manager & Log coordinator for all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets and related activities.
Regular visits to all MSF projects in the country: Helmand, Kandahar, Khost, Kunduz, Herat, and Kabul.
Assist and support in the management, servicing/repairing, follow up, installation works for all powered machines and motorized equipment and related activities according to MSF protocols.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day to day support for all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets (service/maintenance schedule and follow up of diesel and petrol and/or other motorized or related powered machines, garage management) for the entire mission in collaboration with the field technicians and the Front Office Manager
- Ensure the projects’ support through field visits and gap filling for project management/site supervision (cost control, schedule management, quality control, and others) when applicable/required
- Participate in the development and update of the maintenance strategies and safety protocols for all related works in his field of expertise
- Ensure the diagnosis, troubleshooting, servicing/reparation and repatriation of all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets at local level and support in the periodical maintenance schedules as defined by the mission repair protocols for the entire mission; Performs technical assessment and provides recommendations and advice (generators installations, servicing/repairing, fuel management, fleet/garage and spare parts management, etc.)
- Participate in the development and implementation of the garage management and maintenance follow up tool in collaboration with the Front Office Manager & the Mobility Referent.
- Support improving the fuel management according to MSF protocols and safety and security standards in all project locations. Support the project staff in monitoring and evaluating the fuel consumption.
- Support improving the spare parts and consumables management, monitor the consumption and support the Mobility Referent in forecasting.
- Participate actively in the development and implementation of training activities for the mechanic technicians in the mission; support in the HR logbook completion for field technicians in collaboration with the Front Office Manager and the L&D department
- Ensure compliance with the mission policies, procedures, protocols related to his respective technical family for the entire mission
- Support the Mobility Referent, in the development of the mobility/mechanic budget for all projects and coordination (annual planning process and budget revision/forecast)
- Support and assist in the follow up of all mechanic related equipment and spare part stocks in the projects (define the level of stock turnover; inventories; follow up on stock cards, storage, and cleaning of equipment)
- Support in the market assessment strategies and evaluation of local suppliers for the quality and services available in his field of expertise
- Support and assist the projects in the completion of the monthly reporting on the fuel consumption, services done and parts stock for all the projects
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Mechanic engineering essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Other experience in similar position essential
- MSF experience desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written desirable
- English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME: 40 hours per week, Saturday to Wednesday
GROSS SALARY: 51,200 AFN (non-negotiable)